Talk

Advanced search

Gift aid for pre school

(3 Posts)
octonaughty Sat 06-Aug-11 21:24:48

Hallo everyone, I am treasurer for my kids' local pre school and would like to try and exploit gift aid, I am having trouble working out how to do it - does anyone have any experience of this? I think the basic problem is that donations come in small amounts - do parents have to identify each amount they give. I'm sure most of them would be unwilling to do this, for understandable reasons.

Is there anyone out there who can help? It's not vital as the pre school is well afloat, and tiny comittee would like to concentrate on managment more than fundraising and I thought that this might take the pressure off a little.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

EdithWeston Sun 07-Aug-11 18:16:43

Here's the HMRC page about this, which includes advice on things like record keeping. They're usually really helpful - so once you've digested the written guidance, a phone call should easily deal with any remaining issues.

octonaughty Mon 15-Aug-11 21:37:26

Thanks for that, EdithWeston, I think you're right, a phone call would be a good idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now