Talk

Advanced search

Voluntary Contribution?

(6 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Tue 05-Jul-11 13:04:01

Anyone else been asked to pay a voluntary contribution to their child's nursery?

I have and it's pretty hefty. Don't know how to take it really - certainly don't have the kind of cash to pay it. DS receives 5 funded sessions a week.

Oumasrusks Mon 11-Jul-11 19:04:59

Yes - but only 50p a week. I'm sorry that you're asked for a large amount. However, it is 'voluntary' so maybe you could give less?
Sorry I can't be of more help.

PaperBank Tue 12-Jul-11 12:28:57

Similar to Oumasrusks.

lovecorrie Tue 12-Jul-11 12:32:25

Sodding 'voluntary contributions'. We are asked for these regularly, with the little 'threat' at the bottom, 'this is voluntary but if you don't COUGH UP the dear little children won't be able to Catha the bus to travel 300 yards down the road/go swimming/have some arty farty theatre types with a 'message' performing for them and it will be YOUR FAULT'

mutter mutter.

On a serious note, we always have paid but since I've been out of work it has been incredibly difficult, so I have had to speak to the teachers which is horrible embarrassing sad

Seona1973 Fri 15-Jul-11 19:00:45

ours was £2 a week and went towards the snacks

cat64 Sun 17-Jul-11 19:40:39

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now