Talk

Advanced search

Supply teachers for pre schools?

(9 Posts)
Kendodd Tue 21-Jun-11 19:14:28

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Are there any agencies who do this?

RitaMorgan Tue 21-Jun-11 19:24:50

Do you mean for qualified nursery teachers with QTS?

Kendodd Tue 21-Jun-11 20:33:44

QTS, is that qualified teacher status? No they don't need to be qualified teachers, which I believe is a level seven qualification, level three qualified to work with pre school children, although I have to admit I don't really know what these levels mean exactly.

5ofus Tue 21-Jun-11 23:05:58

I believe so - and they are pretty costly if I recall correctly.

Why do you ask?

Most pre-schools will have an informal bank of staff they can call on in an emergency.

meditrina Tue 21-Jun-11 23:09:51

Yes, I remember there being supply staff in one of the nurseries I used (which had a preschool). I never asked about qualification levels. I don't know where they got them from, I would assume an agency.

RitaMorgan Wed 22-Jun-11 09:53:26

Loads of agencies provide nursery supply staff - same agencies that provide primary supply often. Randstad are national, as are Tinies, EYears cover Bristol and Birmingham, Select - I'm sure google can give you some local to you.

cat64 Sun 26-Jun-11 16:23:43

Message withdrawn

purepurple Sun 26-Jun-11 16:52:53

Yes, there are lots of agencies that supply staff to pre-schools, nurseries and nursery schools.
I have friend that just left a private nursery to work for an agency and she is never out of work. She gets to pick and choose where she goes. sometimes it's just for an afternoon and sometimes it's for a few weeks.
She loves it. More money and no paperwork grin

Ineedalife Fri 01-Jul-11 17:02:04

I got back into work by doing the supply cover for 3 local playgroups, I was self employed and worked as and when they needed me.

I have only recently stopped doing it as I ended up spending the whole time in one setting.

I would ask aroud their maybe level 2/3 parents or friends of parents who could help you out.

Purepurple is right, I loved the flexibility and no paperwork.smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: