June and Nursery starting from January

(4 Posts)
coolhash Wed 05-Jan-11 16:19:50

Hi Everyone!

I am a dad as far as I know

1 April and 31 August

1 September following their third birthday until statutory school age

but our hertfordshire council told me something new

September 2011 intake for children born between 1st September 2007 and 28 February 2008

January 2012 intake for children born between 28 February 2008 and 31 August 2008.

Is anyone else facing this issue with their council?

5ofus Mon 10-Jan-11 11:08:26

I'm not quite sure what the question is? Is this about early years funding or school starting dates?

Tgger Mon 10-Jan-11 20:51:46

Hi there,
I live in Herts. They go to the school nursery at the points that the council told you, but you can get funding for them from the term after their third birthday which is the same nationwide.

So... most go to pre-school first and have this funded, then go onto school nursery at the appropriate time.

Hope this answers your question, I know it's confusing!!!
As an example- my son did pre-school from 2.5-nearly 4 (he's October birthday) and is doing school nursery this year then will be reception age nearly 5 come September. We paid for the pre-school from 2.5-3, then it was funded from Jan-July (2 terms) before school nursery kicked in.

Firawla Wed 12-Jan-11 17:03:39

i think it depends on the nursery, whether a school one, community one, how many intakes they have etc?
i'm not in hertfordshire but my ds is also june birthday and the school nurseries told me he wouldnt be considered till the jan intake but a community one would take him from sept, as they are entitled to their free hours from the term after 3rd birthday

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: