Talk

Advanced search

Nursery Recommendations in SW18

(3 Posts)
lorelei88 Thu 02-Dec-10 10:28:06

Dear all, I'm expecting in March and plan to be at home for year. My friends are telling me I must start thinking about a nursery/childcare now for 2012. Yikes I don't know where to start. Can anyone recommend any nurseries in the Wandsworth, Earlsfield, Clapham area? Also should I think about Nanny's, Minders instead - not really sure of the difference but will need one 3 -4 days a week. Any help would be gratefully received!

BN138 Wed 05-Jan-11 13:34:53

I think your friends are perhaps being a little over zealous with their advice! Mine were the same: and it led me to have a lot extra (and unnecessary) stress over the first few months of my twins lives: a time you really don't need it. There are a lot of nurseries & childminders in the Wandsworth/Earlsfield/Clapham area. My children are currently at Sticky Fingers Nursery 5 mornings a week, but that is only for over 18months. It is very good though. Some of my friends liked Teddies (just off Garratt Lane) - and I really liked the nursery by Wandsworth Town: I think it is now a Leapfrog nursery. The best thing to do is to phone Wandsworth Council - they can send you a list of all registered nurseries, childminders (and while you're at it, get the 1 0'clock centre info too if you're going to be off for a year). Have a look through, visit all that you think might work for you, and take your time. You really have nothing to panic about.

BTW - in the end, we got a nanny: we only found her a month before I went back to work, but she is fantastic and has been with us ever since. We shared her with another family for a while - something definately worth thinking about - look at nannyshare.co.uk for more info.

Hope this helps.

lorelei88 Fri 14-Jan-11 08:37:45

Thanks BN138 that's really helpful. I'm not going to worry about it for a bit I think and enjoy the baby when it arrives!
Will contact the council though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now