Talk

Advanced search

Spanish language resources for a 3 year old

(2 Posts)
Bumperlicious Sat 27-Nov-10 09:59:55

I'd like to teach my daughter some Spanish. There are classes in our area but they are £60 for 10 half hour sessions and I was thinking I could probably do that with the right resources. I have an A level in Spanish but would need a DVD/CD to teach her a decent accent.

Can anyone recommend something that I could start with?

gabid Wed 01-Dec-10 14:06:26

I suggest just occasionally chat to her about certain things like you do in your native language, e.g. counting things, naming animals, songs (do you know uno, dos, tres ninos? - I found it on some website), you can put Spanish words to any childrens song. Maybe search for a DVD you can watch in Spanish (e.g. Maisy storys).

Play games, e.g. picture memory in Spanish (also use Spanish for 'its my turn, your turn etc.).

Have a look in the library, they usually have beginners language resources for children, and think about how you could use them. I found the Spanish picture dictionaries quite good - its like a picture book but has the Spanish words underneath if you don't remember the vocab.

Just make it natural and playful.

I am raising my DCs (5 and 2) bilingually as I am German and my DP is English. I also used to teach German and Spanish in secondary schools.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now