Talk

Advanced search

Stop the Closures (Barnet).

(7 Posts)
talking Thu 18-Nov-10 17:08:16

As a result of Government spending cuts, Barnet Council are reviewing the number, location and purpose of Children's Centres in the London Borough of Barnet.

My daughter attends nursery at our local Children's Centre four days per week.

What can I do to support the Centre?

Have already e-mailed local Councillors, the Council and my MP. May start a petition once the Consultation Exercise is underway.

talking Fri 19-Nov-10 13:17:30

Bump.

coll36 Thu 02-Dec-10 14:38:18

Hi

My dd also attends one of these centres in Barnet which has an Ofsted report for excellence and it is looking increasing like it is going to close also. We are attending the meeting at Hendon Town Hall on the 14th of December. We are thinking of staging a demonstartion which will include our children

Anyone else in this predicament?

talking Fri 10-Dec-10 20:40:36

I may be able to attend the meeting - but it's the same evening as a parent's meeting for DD's new school!

View the Consultation Document that is now on-line on the Barnet website.

Write to your local MP and contact Alex Hayes at the Hendon and Finchley Times (local paper).

PUBLICISE AND GIVE BARNET A REAL HEADACHE!

zansi Wed 15-Dec-10 13:02:32

Hi did anyone attend this meeting.? My son attends one of these children centres in Barnet.It was one of two nurseries rated outstanding. Staff are very worried and are encouraging parents to air their views and support the schools which I am doing. Am very concerned. Any updates on the meeting last night?

talking Thu 16-Dec-10 12:51:35

Not able to attend.
Am going to public meeting tonight at Children's Centre in E.Finchley.

Am drafting letter to local MP to protest about way this consultation carried out, eg. Public meeting at 6.30 - children's bedtime!!

MobyDick Fri 17-Dec-10 19:33:59

We are campaigning against cuts to childcare in Camden check out our website http://savecamdenchildcare.tumblr.com/ and we have set up an online petition.

The Daycare trust is massively concerned about these cuts and is putting together campaign material for parents http://www.daycaretrust.org.uk/
so get in contact with them.

We need to fight these cuts to children's services! The knock-on effects will be enormous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now