Prepping - Wish list if money was no object

(16 Posts)
AmIAPenguin Sun 15-Mar-20 01:44:30

Thinking about coronovirus, but also general prepping. If money was no object/you decided to empty your savings, what would you consider a good buy/investment in this current climate?

OP’s posts: |
sexesam Sun 15-Mar-20 05:51:13

A grand designs style 'independent' house would be great. One that's super insulated with the heat exchangers and the solor panels and the solar water heaters, A water filtration system and the greenhouse conservatory area. That sort of thing.
Not the cabin in the woods style, more the house in the side of the hill or the cob Castle. Sigh.
And obviously, since money is no object, I wouldn't have to work so I would have time to maintain such a house! Or get a cleaner!

just5morepeas Sun 15-Mar-20 09:24:06

If I'm not moving to my ideal/perfect house then I'd want the loft properly accessible for storage with a pull down ladder.

Solar panels on the roof for electricity, a nearby allotment plot with gardener to maintain since this is dreamland! I also want a couple of apple trees for my front garden but that's a more achievable dream!

KahlanRahl Sun 15-Mar-20 12:22:43

Keeing chickens for eggs. Actually I do have the money for it but DH isn't on board. I have a veggie patch that I wish was bigger than it is now.

applesandpears33 Sun 15-Mar-20 13:15:27

I'd love a south facing walled garden with space for a large greenhouse.

NotDisclosedToday Sun 15-Mar-20 13:33:19

My own island and Bear Grylls on loan.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 15-Mar-20 14:33:37

House as described above with a garden.

Mid range,(compared to the house) solar panels.

Trike with trailer and very good gears.

Cheaper:
Life straws, water filters, dehydrator, space to keep it and all the gear.

HasaDigaEebowai Sun 15-Mar-20 14:37:13

A massive beautiful green house. Like the one on the handmaids tale

sexesam Sun 15-Mar-20 14:57:18

Oh yes definitely the garden and the gardener too!
Glad to see we all basically agree. I think I just found out how communes form...

bellinisurge Sun 15-Mar-20 19:05:07

An Excalibur dehydratorgrin

GoodDogBellaBoo Mon 16-Mar-20 11:46:00

I really want one (or more) of those 70 l Royal Catering stainless steel water dispensers, with a tap. I don’t like storing water in plastic containers. smile But for now, plastic wil have to do.

bellinisurge Mon 16-Mar-20 13:59:41

Ooo a Berkey Filter. I'd put that on my list.

Sprayitall Wed 18-Mar-20 14:37:17

I would love to move to a self sustained house with a larger garden that’s also in a country where I can get good medical care.

sewingsinger Wed 18-Mar-20 19:37:41

A private island with a private jet that I could fly so no need for staff! Only to be used after testing negative obvs.

dingit Wed 18-Mar-20 19:41:55

Not a big house, but one with panoramic sea views smile

AmIAPenguin Thu 19-Mar-20 19:06:08

Seems an island/eco self contained farm is the way to go!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in