Prepping for a Pandemic Thread 11+2 (13) just in case

(5 Posts)
Neome Wed 11-Mar-20 06:16:44

copied image link sorry can’t quite get this right.

Copy header from Thread 11.

This prepping for a pandemic pack was posted one one of the previous threads, I thought I’d post for this thread as there’s more people joining the threads. I had a quick scan through the last couple of thread to find a list that’s been posted a few times but couldn’t find it. The pack seems a bit end of days in some parts buts it’s got some useful ideas.
Pandemic Preparedness Pack

The Emotional Prep thread started by @Neome might be worth a look for those of us feeling anxious as things ramp up.

Emotional Prep Thread

Also attached a screenshot of a post on previous threads by @blackeyesusan (hope you don’t mind) with storage ideas for those of us living in smaller homes.

OP’s posts: |
preponderings Wed 11-Mar-20 06:20:29

Thanks Neome.

My school hating DS (who is refusing to do his homework) has started the day with a very pathetic sounding cough hmm

Neome Wed 11-Mar-20 06:21:01

These links work but other thread being prepared simultaneously so this might not be needed.

OP’s posts: |
Beedance Wed 11-Mar-20 06:30:16

What would you do if a daily family visitor (in vulnerable to severe infection group) said this while you were hunkering down with DC off school.

“Work said I can work from home one day in three when I asked my manager. They don’t want to set a precedent. Later we had a meeting where latest PHE guidance shared and my colleague turned to me and said ‘Oh, I was in Italy 2 weeks ago’ .I don’t want to change my clothes before coming round, too tired, perhaps best not to come today”

Sprayitall Wed 11-Mar-20 06:41:29

@bee I would freak out and make them get tested right away so they can get the right care before the chaos sets on

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in