Britain Blackout documentary

(9 Posts)
GoodDogBellaBoo Tue 28-Jan-20 22:39:02

Still think that everyone (in schools too) should watch Britain Blackout 2013 documentary on YouTube. Goes for over an hour, but easily the most realistic that has been filmed so far and makes you think! The American version is also good, but I can’t relate to it as much as the British one. If you haven’t seen it yet, please do!

OP’s posts: |
bellinisurge Wed 29-Jan-20 21:08:02

Thanks for the tip

sideorderofchips Thu 30-Jan-20 13:54:09

I've watched it many a time. The YouTube guy was an idiot

What's scsrier is the American one.

Orangecake123 Thu 20-Feb-20 18:06:28

Currently watching it now. The prep family's child is irritating for spilling about the generator.

HasaDigaEebowai Thu 20-Feb-20 18:08:20

Its a really good programme. Much better than the US one IMO.

isthistoonosy Thu 20-Feb-20 21:16:25

Have you got a link? I've seen the us one but not the British one.

HasaDigaEebowai Thu 20-Feb-20 21:17:01

It was on the channel 4 internet site for ages. Might still be on there.

Orangecake123 Thu 20-Feb-20 22:15:16

That's for black out Brit on youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WrCI0W37zw

Don't think the prep guy was much of a prepper if he ran out of food 5 days in and made everyone aware of his location because of his youtube channel.

I like this Korean movie called "the flu" with english subs :
vww.newasiantv.tv/watch/the-flu.198.2148.html

bellinisurge Fri 21-Feb-20 08:20:10

I am currently reading "The Second Sleep " by Robert Harris. I happen to enjoy his stuff for a bit of non-taxing fiction and it turns out it's a post-SHTF book. I won't give away the plot but it might be an interesting read for those who are interested. That said, I recommended the book "Powerless" on here and a few really hated it. SHTF fiction that is UK specific is so hard to find - usually US based with guns.
While I'm at it, I'd strongly recommend getting some books in that cheer you up and transport you wherever you'd like to be in your head if things are tricky in real life.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in