Talk

Advanced search

Just for fun - what would your last ever shop look like?

(8 Posts)
Dyrne Fri 10-Aug-18 20:06:00

Lighthearted, obviously! (And yes, before anyone says, clearly it would be the tinfoil hat factory to stock up...)

Imagine the apocalypse fairy has come to you and said you're allowed to visit one more shop before you have to fend for yourself. Where would you go?

Tempting as it is to say somewhere like Costco to stockpile; I think I would actually go for my local garden centre. That way I could stock up on seeds, mini greenhouses, compost, tools, water butts etc. (Plus I could always raid the vending machine as well! grin ) would probably also grab fence panels/timber to secure my house a bit better.

Actually, starting this thread has made me think I need to investigate getting an allotment...

bellinisurge Fri 10-Aug-18 21:25:14

A loaded gun - to stir my cup of tea with panache and menace.

Dyrne Fri 10-Aug-18 22:39:58

Would have thought yours would be the Off Licence, @bellinisurge , so you could stock up on Prosecco and Peach Schnapps grin

JontyDoggle37 Fri 10-Aug-18 22:44:21

If I were a prepper, I would already be prepped. So the last shop would be luxuries, things that wouldn’t keep and might not be seen again, for a while at least. Strawberries, salmon, really good steak, blue cheese, figs....I could go on, I have a really long list of favourite foods, but you get my point!

GoneWishing Fri 10-Aug-18 23:34:44

My mind just goes to pharmacy "goods". If I got a chance to loot (in reality I would just be hunkering down at home if looting was taking place nearby), that's the place I would loot...

bellinisurge Sat 11-Aug-18 09:00:54

Already sorted @Dyrne grin

Snugglepumpkin Sat 11-Aug-18 15:54:17

I'd be heading to a top of the line ships chandlery myself, ideally one big enough to sell boating 'accessories' as well.
So many handy things there.

TooTrueToBeGood Sat 11-Aug-18 16:00:26

The underpants shop. Almost everyone that manages to survive the apocalypse will have shit themselves. Clean undercrackers will be a highly barterable commodity.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: