Talk

Advanced search

So, is you DP on board ?

(6 Posts)
dubdub17 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:31:50

Wondering if anyone’s DP is on board with their prepping. Mine thinks I’m mad whenever I raise the topic of cyberattacks on utility systems.

I’ve not told him yet about the Berkey water filter I’ve just bought... (though we don’t have joint finances and don’t live together).

shhhfastasleep Sun 12-Nov-17 15:25:00

Nope.
Fancy water filter would be a step to far for him(and my wallet)- although I would like one- . I have alternatives for that.
I get stuff as I can with my own money.
However we have an emergency camping loo, lots of bottled water plus the means to boil it and purify it, a couple of filter straws, food that stores well and ... a flowerpot heater.
And first aid stuff and a couple of stocked up bug out bags.
I even have a bug out bag for the cat!

shhhfastasleep Sun 12-Nov-17 15:25:58

Oh, yeah and I am using an old stock pot for a faraday cage with a couple of radios in it.

gamerchick Sun 12-Nov-17 15:29:26

He's resigned I think. Just rolls his eyes and let's me get on with it grin

BiddyPop Fri 20-Jul-18 11:58:13

I got a link from an article sent to me recently, where DH announced "You're a Prepper!!" (it was one of those real doom and gloom, stockpile in the basement for Armageddon along with lots of guns and ammo type things). Meh, I am a prepper, just not to that level! grin

But he is happy when something happens, and we can just roll with it because we are prepared.

Like when the snow caused a powercut or a different snow had major supply chain problems so no food in shops, or there were floods locally, or previous snows caused huge leaks leading to no/intermittent water supplies for weeks, or the boiler gave up its fight for life the same week the builders knocked out the back wall of the house or public transport stops because of snow/floods/strikes.....
I had solutions to all those, and we just worked around it while loads locally panicked.

So he rolls his eyes, but lets me get on with it quietly as long as I don't involve him too much.

bellinisurge Fri 20-Jul-18 12:20:52

My dh used to joke that it was "my zombie apocalypse " stuff. Since concerns about Brexit disrupting food supply, he's a bit more interested.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: