Talk

Advanced search

Prepped Bargins!!

(10 Posts)
LadyMaryofDownt0n Sat 03-Sep-16 16:00:29

Went a walk around town today & discovered that Halfords have a (tiny) sale on. I got RAC torches for £1 each! I couldn't believe it. I got one for each of us. There good quality & light up a dark room.

I also went into B&M & they have a great selection of tools that can be used for this lifestyle to.

Anyone have any others plz add away. Let's keep his running & help each other out.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Sun 04-Sep-16 12:15:26

Thanks for the heads up on the torches, I would like to keep a spare on the windowsills of each room so that could be a cheap way of picking a few up.

My local B&M has huge reductions in their campaign section (they seem to be clearing out the end of their summer ranges to replace with Christmas stuff) with good prices on camping stoves, gas and other such things. I also picked up a huge tub of milk powder for £1, which I had been struggling to find elsewhere.

gamerchick Sun 04-Sep-16 12:20:26

Ah I love b&m <3

TwllBach Sun 04-Sep-16 12:22:26

My people <twirls>

Unfortunately I live in a shoe box of a house and am at the end of maternity pay so cannot partake of the bargains... I am with you in spirit though

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Sun 04-Sep-16 12:40:22

Meant to say, I have ordered this fishing stove ( www.aldi.co.uk/fishing-stove/p/071138045901100 ) it has two rings and is on sale for £9.99. I thought it would be handy for powercuts which we had three of last winter.

LadyMaryofDownt0n Mon 05-Sep-16 08:59:00

My naughty phone told me no one had replied to this thread!

Thanks everyone.

That stove looks great but I am in NI so can't get aldi confused it's just what I am looking for to, may the search continue.

Not in the theme of the thread but does anyone do bug out prep (not extreme) but like hiking with tents & staying a few hours etc?

I'd love to do it with the kids just as a hobby & to spend time together.

atticusclaw2 Tue 04-Oct-16 22:10:55

On the topic of torches one tip I got from a friend who lives in an area prone to hurricanes is that you should always keep one beside everyone's bed. That way if something happens in the night and the power is out everyone can immediately see what is going on.

She also sleeps with her shoes right next to the bed for the same reasons. Shoes on and out of the house immediately.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 04-Oct-16 22:15:41

Great idea atticus. We always have one in our bedside table (and keys to the front and back doors) plus one of those cheapy push button lights on the windowsill.

cozietoesie Tue 04-Oct-16 23:14:03

I think that that's right, atticus. Too many people keep torches etc at the back of cupboards - or somewhere that's not too easy to get to in the event of an outage.

susurration Wed 16-Nov-16 12:31:36

I'm a bit excited to have been given a solar powered charger/torch by husband last night that he got in the Amazon Black Friday deals.

Having a poke around, there seems to be a couple of things that might be useful for bug out bags or just home use. Hammocks, backpacks with built in solar panels, yoga mats/inflatable mats for ground sleeping, head torches and a few bits of cookware in the camping section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now