Talk

Advanced search

The first real ray of sunshine this year so.....

(5 Posts)
cozietoesie Mon 15-Feb-16 15:04:41

....I've put all my rechargeable lamps out to 'feed'. (One of their charging options is solar.)

The amount they'll gain is probably negligible but Hey - it's free. And it makes me feel good.smile

lighteningirl Wed 17-Feb-16 07:40:38

My hot water tank is fed from my solar panels so yesterday we had free hot water for the first time this year <high fives cosietoes>

cozietoesie Wed 17-Feb-16 08:31:54

Nice one. smile Prepping can be saving as well as spending.

MoonDuke Thu 18-Feb-16 08:15:47

A bit random when you're talking about sunshine but I've just bought some reusable sanitary towels (as recommended on another thread!).

I bought them for the environment but suddenly as I clicked "buy" I thought they'd be good if ever the SHTF.... (thought probable to linked to just having finished reading One Year After by William Forstchen - a brilliant post-apocalyptic book (to be read after his first "One Second After").

But again, prepping and saving smile

lighteningirl Thu 18-Feb-16 08:21:38

I've read one second after I didn't know there was another one will download that on Sat when I have a whole day to read it brilliant book. And good prepping tip I don't need them but dd will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now