Talk

Advanced search

Who'd like one of these in their garden?

(9 Posts)
CrabbyCockwomble Wed 18-Nov-15 10:05:30

Now this is what I call being prepared for the ZA...
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-34846264

Now that he's told everyone about it, though, come the ZA won't his bunker be stormed by all the non-prepping MNers and their armed DHs? wink

cozietoesie Wed 18-Nov-15 10:18:45

Nah....It's a man-cave/large scale boy toy.

After all, what's he actually going to watch on this flat-screen TV if SHTF? And is he planning to spend the next umpty years sitting by the doors waiting? It's not going to help him much if he's eg shopping or on holiday at the time.

Zetetic Wed 18-Nov-15 10:25:35

No clues to the ingenious netherworld are visible from above.

No clues, nobody knows..... Apart form the 1.7 million Youtube subscribers who know it is there, his neighbours, the press / newspaper readers and the whole of MN. grin

Massive excuse to escape from looking after the baby methinks.

howtorebuild Wed 18-Nov-15 10:28:06

Oh no, he is hard-core. I am interested in short term problem solutions.

atticusclaw2 Wed 18-Nov-15 10:34:22

Oh Stratters is in lincolnshire isn't she. Now she knows where to go!

Stratter5 Wed 18-Nov-15 10:49:31

I am, he's a good hour from me though, and I think I'd rather take my chances here because I'm sensible and not a bunker building ejector bed inventing loon

CrabbyCockwomble Wed 18-Nov-15 11:11:34

Yes Zetetic I can see that bunker getting rather crowded with all the people who know about it, though his large arsenal of weapons might put paid to that. shock

Massive excuse to escape from looking after the baby methinks.

I have to say that if my DP were as manic and overexcitable as that, I'd probably want him to retreat to his bunker quite a lot too. grin

After all, what's he actually going to watch on this flat-screen TV if SHTF? And is he planning to spend the next umpty years sitting by the doors waiting? It's not going to help him much if he's eg shopping or on holiday at the time.

Well I guess he wouldn't waste his generator on powering the telly in an emergency situation, and surely any home prepping measures aren't much use if you're out shopping or on holiday? What's the point in any of the food/water stockpiling, then? confused

cozietoesie Wed 18-Nov-15 12:06:38

I guess most people are sorting things out for either a 72 or for a breathing space/time to think some more in the event of something more serious.

That guy doesn't strike me as much of a real thinker. (In fact, I'd be interested to know what his next life mission will be to follow on from the bunker and the vacuum-cleaner shoes.)

I mean - vacuum-cleaner shoes? grin

Stratter5 Wed 18-Nov-15 12:39:09

I thought the magnetic shoes looked fun. Man's pretty obviously rather eccentric grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now