Talk

Advanced search

Good torch

(11 Posts)
SayAGreatBigThankyou Mon 09-Nov-15 20:34:55

I'd never been a prepper, but reading these threads and I'm a convert!! Plan A is getting ready for winter - car and house, and I need a good torch with a handle.

Zetetic Mon 09-Nov-15 20:56:55

Can't help with ideas for torches with handles but I do have some nifty little lanterns with an attachment so that you can hang it up. One converts from lantern to torch. My dd has already used one three times in power cuts at university.

CrabbyCockwomble Tue 10-Nov-15 16:47:46

Do you have a link for that, Zetetic?

Zetetic Tue 10-Nov-15 17:07:49

Be careful who you buy them from as the price varies hugely. Come in different colours.

Black Diamond Apollo Lantern (my favourite)
www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Black%20diamond%20apollo%20lantern

Black Diamond Voyager Lantern (converts to torch)
www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Diamond-Voyager-lantern-yellow/dp/B00LU2VSSA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=31a6FOQwt2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=109XN5NPWRXHYRR2S6RG

atticusclaw2 Tue 10-Nov-15 17:24:47

Ive bought four mini cree torches for stocking fillers for Christmas. They were only a couple of pounds each and ideal for having in the bottom of a handbag for those occasions when you might need a torch unexpectedly.

CrabbyCockwomble Wed 11-Nov-15 15:51:41

Ooh I like the look of that Apollo lantern, thank you Zetetic. Is the light from it quite bright?

Zetetic Wed 11-Nov-15 19:13:14

Yes it is quite bright for its small size (checked with DH and he thinks so too). It also dims when you hold the button in.

The best bit is the ability to stand it anywhere as it is so stable or hang it from things. Plus it looks like a space rocket. grin

CrabbyCockwomble Thu 12-Nov-15 11:58:47

Excellent, thank you! That's definitely on my christmas list.

winchester1 Thu 12-Nov-15 21:16:22

Think about how you will.use it as well we like to have a few different types. Head lamp, lanterns, tiny leds on key chains, normal handheld, some really shit ones for kids night lights etc (we get a ot of power cuts)

Zetetic Thu 19-Nov-15 17:44:40

I just had to show you this torch. It does everything except make a cup of tea. grin

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015916JUE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A39LSTY4A9J2UG

CrabbyCockwomble Thu 19-Nov-15 22:20:38

I was already excited earlier, Zetetic, because I'd just ordered the Apollo lantern, and now I've gone all of a dither over that! grin I was trying to decide what to get that will charge a phone in the event of a power cut, and this fits the bill as well as doing all sorts of other useful stuff. Am going to order it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now