Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Prepper Pig - How to prep dc?

(8 Posts)
FuckTheseSixFishInParticular Mon 02-Nov-15 23:49:22

What provisions have you made for your dc in the event of shtf? Do they even know you prep? Would they know what to do if something happened to you?

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 03-Nov-15 05:09:59

DD is only 4. She doesn't know but she loves camping so would be ok for the 72 hours! She's very adaptable. I don't know what I would do if I had a child who was more fixed.

ISpidersmanYouMeanPirate Tue 03-Nov-15 05:34:13

Nothing yet they're too little.

I will teach them our fire escape routes and how to ring for emergency help later. Iwon't go into prepper detail though

nooka Tue 03-Nov-15 06:03:51

I am sorry to admit that I thought this thread was (an obviously not serious thread) about how to prepare to eat your children in the case of a disaster!

lighteningirl Tue 03-Nov-15 09:48:23

When my dc were younger we had clear guidelines for getting home from school/clubs who went where etc.it really worried me that ds would try and find dd rather than getting himself safe and trusting me to find dd (statistically boys/young men more likely to survive than girls unless they are trying to save someone). We also had meeting places and times if possible prearranged. Now they are older rules are changing but have recently had the who goes to who updated. I also played games with my young dc about different scenarios e.g. when walking in the woods what would you do if? Would this be a good or bad place to hole up? Could you eat/drink this in an emergency?

winchester1 Tue 03-Nov-15 18:21:40

Ours are also too little but we are conscious we want them to know how to do things (use an axe, prep wood, shoot, hunt, fish, grow food etc) at the appropriate ages.
We take them out to the forest for picnics, berry picking and as they get older they will learn more as they go to fetch the water, light the fire etc.
More a prep to live where we live than anything else though.

Most of our prep is again just how and where we live so no reason to discuss it with them.

Stratter5 Wed 04-Nov-15 18:46:26

Mine know how to forage, and have basic first aid skills. They humour me, but not as far as learning archery etc sad

cozietoesie Thu 05-Nov-15 09:55:47

I like the notion of age-appropriate training at the moment. (It would all go pear-shaped if The Troubles started tomorrow but Hey Ho. Give them some childhood as long as you can; you don't need children who are frightened to go to sleep at night.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now