Talk

Advanced search

I think nursery is reminding me of SCBU

(6 Posts)
bunnybunyip Fri 16-Oct-09 09:34:38

DS (7 months) started nursery this week. Of course every mum feels upset when this happens but for me it seems to have unexpectedly brought back lots of memories of when he was first born, 8 weeks prem. Has this happened to anyone else?
I think it is the lack of control; someone else has control of your child and you have to buzz to get in to see them, ring to see if they are OK, feel like you have to ask if OK to pick them up, play with them, feed them etc whilst they are there. Plus the practical things of bringing in supplies, hoping the clothes he is in are appropriate (bit bigger now though!)
Maybe psychoanalysing myself too much but unhappy memories of SCBU definitely on my mind.

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 16-Oct-09 19:51:06

oh dear hope it gets better soon

RascalMama Sat 31-Oct-09 22:42:34

I def felt the same. It does get easier big hugs x

bunnybunyip Sun 01-Nov-09 14:04:55

Thanks Rascalmama, it has actually got alot better now DS seems really happy there.

RascalMama Thu 05-Nov-09 13:48:37

Glad to hear it is getting easier x

Dlamis Thu 05-Nov-09 14:11:33

Having a baby in SCBU is such an intense time mentally/emotionally I think it's only natural to have flashbacks when you come across situations that have similarities to or remind you of time in SCBU.

I've been in hospital since ds2's prem birth and every time someone pressed the buzzer to be let in to visit people I had flashbacks to when i was there with ds.

Glad to hear it's getting better though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now