Talk

Advanced search

1 pound 5oz prem

(9 Posts)
nippy Sun 16-Aug-09 19:26:11

my dd2 was 11 weeks prem and weighed 1 pound 5oz . she is now 11 mths and 11 pound 12 oz and in 0-3 mths clothes everyone is happy with her progress but did anyone have a prem who gained weight this slow ?

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sun 16-Aug-09 19:29:41

my dd was only 5 weeks prem and weighed 5lb but at 3.5 she is still very petite and wears 2-3 clothes or sometimes smaller. She weighs exactly half of the weight of her big sis who is only 18 months older! Is your dd following the centiles and gaining steadily? I think she sounds like a very clever little girly - from 1 lb to 11 lb is pretty good going smile

OnlyWantsOneWantsAnother Sun 16-Aug-09 19:32:42

I agree with above well done her for getting so big and strong - that must have been hard to have her so so small and delicate so well done you too - no advice, just sheer admiration for people that dont fall apart when their babies are born so early

MyHeadIsSpinning Mon 17-Aug-09 20:16:20

Message withdrawn

Rascal1979 Mon 17-Aug-09 20:29:40

My DD was born at 30+6 weighing in at 2lb 1oz. At 12 months old she weighed 13lb 12oz and was in 0-3 mths clothes so similar kind of weigght gain to your DD. She is now 20 months old she is still a titchy (but perfectly proportioned!) and weighs 18lb 13oz.

Last month she put on 1lb 1oz but he previous month she put on just 2oz!! In general she used to put around 2-3oz a week on

I worried so much for those first few months [there is a thread i starte don here ' think it's called how much did you prem baby weigh) and look back now at pictures of her - looking perfectly healthy just small - and think what a waste of my precious time with my baby girl :-)

If your consultant is happy with her progress please try not to worry. Soon she will be running around and people will be staring open mouthed at a 'baby' walking grin DD caused a right stir at Chester Zoo a few weeks back when she set off running - she is still in 6-9mths clothes mainly so looked a tad bizarre to the unsepecting people around us.

So tempting to tell them that she is 7 mths old wink

Well done for getting through your first year - no mean feat with a prem baby.

Just out of interest where abouts in the country are you? I have set up a local support group for parents of prem babies in Tameside (Manchester) - precisely for the reason that I and fellow prem mums felt 'different' to other mums and it's nice to go and be 'normal' for a couple of hours :-) If you are local you would be more than welcome to come.

WorzselMummage Sat 22-Aug-09 19:38:53

My ds is a little squirt too. He was 2lb2 born and is 11lb15 now at 8 months. All his Scbu buddies are 15 or 16lb although they seem to be developing at the same speed, they've all rolled over within a couple if weeks of each other so I don't think size is making any difference at all. It is hard though, always being the odd one out with the strange looking tiny baby being pointed at and questioned and the constant appointsments and graphs and charts Qetc etc.

My ds's weight gain had actually improved over the last few weeks since we introduced meat but he's always gained slowly so I spose he always will .

1lb5 is so small, you sound like your doing fantastcally !

myjobismum Sat 22-Aug-09 19:45:01

I would say that is very good! Think of it in terms of your DD gaining 10lb7oz since birth, which seen as she started so tiny is brilliant - My DD was only a fortnight early and weighed 5lb10oz and is now 11months - she only weighs 15lb6oz so hasn't even managed to gain 10lb since her birth yet and she is just fine!

GardenersDelight Sat 22-Aug-09 19:50:40

hi my DD was born at 27+5 weighing 2lb4oz was wearing 3-6 mth clothes at about a year cant remember her weight is now 151/2 taller than me and a beautiful size 10 grin

nippy Sun 04-Oct-09 19:04:41

Thank you everyone for ur replys . Rascal 1979 i live in the north east so am miles away but thanks for inviting me :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now