Talk

Advanced search

slings for premature babies

(11 Posts)
ladylush Wed 12-Aug-09 21:07:27

Can anyone recommend one? dd is 4lb,4oz and was born 4 weeks ago at 30+5 weeks gestation.
She's still in the NNU but we are trying to get organised for when she comes home. TIA

MyHeadIsSpinning Wed 12-Aug-09 23:16:02

Hi LadyLush

DD was 4lb 4oz when she came home

I bought a sling from here http://www.sasaslings.co.uk/

It was great because I could wrap her in really close and secure. Pretty cheap compared to other slings too.

Down side is they take a bit of practice to get used to.

A few friends use ring slings and these seem a bit easier to use but not sure if they are suiable for prem/small babies x

MyHeadIsSpinning Wed 12-Aug-09 23:18:58

Opps didn't specify that I bought a wrap sling :-)

bronze Wed 12-Aug-09 23:20:55

I used a freedom sling (ring) when dd was tiny. It worked fine. I'm now a huge fan of wrap slings but not sure it would work with a prem

ladylush Thu 13-Aug-09 23:12:46

Thanks bronze and MHIS smile

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 13-Aug-09 23:21:21

I used a kari me when dd was born at 35 weeks and was 5lb. How's your little one now? sounds like she's a good weight already smile

Sticki Fri 14-Aug-09 19:59:02

Hi
My DS was 4lbs 4 oz as well at 31+1 5 weeks ago. He came home from ICU this week and Ive been lent a Hugabub sling which is brilliant. Its pretty easy to tie once you get the hang of it (its very long) and feels secure too. There are a few different positions but Ive only tried 1 so far. As he is still v small I just need to start off with it small and put him in. I think they are quite expensive but ebay etc? (just make sure you get the instruction dvd too)
Good luck! Hope your DD comes home soon, and her return is smooth and happy.

ladylush Fri 14-Aug-09 20:44:47

Thanks hanging and sticki smile
I will have to check out all those suggestions on line. dd is doing really well. We are rooming in at the NNU at the weekend with possible discharge on Monday. Very excited smile

thomsonf Fri 14-Aug-09 21:19:41

I'd second the hugabub - my LO was a smidge under 4lb when I convinced the hospital to let me bring her home and she almost lived in this sling for her first 4 months - she loved it, slept in it (about the only place she did!) and it was great for keeping her upright and more comfortable as she had silent reflux. Definitely worth the investment and they seem to sell well second hand too so a good chance you'll get most of your money back if you decide to pass on later.

ladylush Wed 26-Aug-09 21:46:11

thanks thoms - I think we are defo going to go for the hugabub one smile

thomsonf Tue 01-Sep-09 21:08:50

Good choice! I hope your LO loves it as much as mine did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now