Talk

Advanced search

Was you expecting a prem baby because of history and how was you treated?

(6 Posts)
TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 15:19:26

We're expecting this one to be early (EDD February, but I don't plan on making it to Christmas) after having a 20 week labour and a 31 week labour. I'm being given the treatment I had last time (Heparin and Aspirin) because I have Hughes Syndrome. No one has really told me what will happen when I'm getting close to/am viable. The only response I've had is "we'll take you seriously this time". I don't know what I should be expecting them to do or what to be pushing for.

So what happened with you?

lojoesmammy Thu 21-Aug-08 22:59:59

Can you and your midwife sit down and have a discussion on the questions you should ask when you see your consultant. Have you thought of ringing BLISS and having a talk with someone there (especially if you have an unhelpful midwife) Bliss here

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 23:58:15

I've seen my MW once and probably won't see her again as I'm at the hospital every four weeks till 20 weeks, then once a week till 24 and then three times a week.

I find that doctors don't seem to have the time to spend sitting down and explaining things with you and they probably don't see why someone 8 (as I was when I brought it up) weeks pregnant wants to know what happens in 5 months time. My pregnancies are so out of my control that knowing what will happen is bringing some of that control back in. I've got a Cervical Length scan tomorrow so I may say that to the doctor.

lojoesmammy Fri 22-Aug-08 00:05:38

Tinksmam, you need to push for a consultant appt then, what about asking for an appt with the Gynae you had with Tink - push for an appt with him/her

lisad123 Fri 22-Aug-08 00:09:13

i was seen early 4 weeks from 8 weeks and then every 2 and then every week. my babies werent early, but tiny
You need SGK

TinkerBellesMum Fri 22-Aug-08 00:15:35

I'm under the same team as last time, I think I know all the doctors in the team now! Tink was delivered by the hospital director who kindly came back from half way across the car park to see me - they didn't tell me, just told my partner and mum when I was taken in for the CS to help comfort them. He's in charge of the high risk pregnancies, but it was the first time I'd seen him.

I will be pushing for answers, that and why an elective are two important issues for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now