Talk

Advanced search

Baby born 34+1

(3 Posts)
Kayleigh121 Fri 17-May-19 21:55:22

FTM here.. I had my baby boy by emergency c section on the 24th of April due to placenta abruption. He weighed 3lb15oz. My little boy was in the baby until for 2 weeks and 2 days and was then allowed home. We have been home a week now, however, is it normal for prem babies to grunt during the night? I'm barely sleeping due to him grunting, and it constsntlt seeming as if it's him stirring. Also is there anything I should look out for or anything I should know?

Thank you x

HarryBob Sat 18-May-19 13:27:56

Hi, I have a DS born at 34 weeks & yes, he was definitely a grunter! He had what the health visitor called a ‘floppy larynx’ which made a rattling noise too. I also struggled to sleep due to the noise as I am a light sleeper however he did get quieter as the weeks went on & the floppy larynx noise stopped at about 4/5 months (& then he went into his own room at 6 months!)
Congratulations on your new arrival!

AussieMum28 Sun 26-May-19 20:44:55

Omg the grunting! No one ever tells you about the grunting! Yep my son did it until about 10 weeks actual... I was nearly in tears at night. It does get better but I'm well aware that doesn't help you deal with right now. Try ear plugs? They block out a lot of little noises but you can still hear them cry x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »