Talk

Advanced search

2 year old Ex 25 weeker hates cuddles

(2 Posts)
Misschiff Sun 25-Nov-18 08:01:48

My DS was born at 25 weeks and spent 121 days in 3 hospitals. Ever since he’s disliked a lot of affection. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with him health wise, he’s been very lucky.

He’s the easiest to put to bed because he has his own routine (dummy, comforter blanket and headshaking) and won’t let you read him a story or cuddle him. He does say “night night, love you”.

He’s very independent and hates anyone trying to do something for him, especially feed him! But my DH and I are concerned about his lack of affection. You ask him for a kiss or a cuddle and he says “no” and shakes his head or runs away.

Has anyone else encountered this with extremely premature children? He’s not my first child and even his older sister can’t cuddle him.

birdonawire1 Tue 22-Jan-19 19:36:38

Maybe ask the paediatrician is this could be autism? A friends little boy was also 25 wks and has autism. He also has moderate cerebral palsy though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »