Talk

Advanced search

25 Weeks and waters have gone completely!!!

(140 Posts)
Mummyloves09 Fri 23-Feb-18 04:27:44

Please I need some support from anyone in a similar situation. I am 25 weeks exactly. Yesterday my water started going at 6:20pm, I was admitted to hospital at 7pm. Had steroids and antibiotics at 9pm. by 1:15am this morning they scanned me and seen no waters around the baby.

Has anyone had success stories in this situation or similar?

What should I expect?

Any questions I need to ask neonatal team?

P.s. This was a low risk pregnancy before this.

I am very teary and need to get a grip to be the best I can for my baby at this time (So any advice welcome).

I have my real life support however my support has not experienced this situation.

Thank you in advance.

Pooshweens Sat 24-Feb-18 12:57:31

My friend had an emergency C section at 24 weeks and three years later everything is fine

He was in intensive care for a while and allowed Home after a few months with oxygen

Stressful times but prem baby care has come on so much

Good luck x

Mummyloves09 Sat 24-Feb-18 13:00:20

Thank you everyone, I'm sure it's just a mixture hormones and nerves at this point.

Kevinbaconsrealwife Sat 24-Feb-18 13:07:39

Good luck sweetheart to you and your daughter...I know you’re probably sick to the back teeth of hearing this but you both are really in the best place....thinking of you and sending you a virtual hug x

flumpybear Sat 24-Feb-18 13:14:35

Best place for you - catch up with mums net, down load Fishdom and chill out .... stress isn't good so try to let the hospital take
The stress from your life wink

MaverickSnoopy Sat 24-Feb-18 13:15:03

I have been downing jugs of water

You're a mum already OP. Doing everything you can for your baby. Try to think of staying in hospital as just that, doing the best that you can for your baby.

This sounds like a terrifying time and you are being so very brave.

In your shoes I would start making a list of everything that you need to make your time there more bearable - food/drinks/books/tablet etc and then sending your family for them.

Greenglassteacup Sat 24-Feb-18 13:21:02

Wishing you all the best OP

toomuchlikehardwork Sat 24-Feb-18 13:26:08

I can't offer any advice but keeping everything crossed for you and do keep us updated 🤞🏻

Lukeandlorelai4Ever Sat 24-Feb-18 13:28:02

No advice but here for a handhold.
Get lots of books, magazines and an iPad and rest yourself.

feellikeanalien Sat 24-Feb-18 13:31:37

OP I started losing fluid at 25 weeks. I was kept in hospital on total bed rest and my little one held on for another 3 weeks.

She spent 3 months in NICU but is now a healthy 10 year old. She has some developmental problems but that is related to a genetic condition and the doctors don't think it was anything to do with her being born prematurely.

I know it's really scary but it's amazing how resilient they are. Try not to stress (easier said than done I know) and think positive.

I wanted to go home as well but when DD decided it was time to come out I was so glad I was in hospital.

Wishing all the best for you.

ClareB83 Sat 24-Feb-18 14:06:42

I hate when hospital give you hope that you can go home and then change their minds. It's very upsetting.

But nothing has really changed - baby is doing well, hanging in there and you have medical support on hand.

Hugs.

Somersetter Sat 24-Feb-18 15:00:38

I had to stay in hospital overnight when I had problems in pregnancy. Quite a few of the women on the same ward had been in for much longer to due to waters breaking, pre-eclampsia, etc and there was an amazing sense of camaraderie and support - hopefully you'll get to meet some of the other women and feel a bit less alone 💐

Mummyloves09 Sun 25-Feb-18 10:03:19

Quick update: Contractions started at 1:54am (4 within an hour) this morning, got given medication and sent to sleep. Woke up at 5:10am with bleeding. My observations are fine and so is the baby (Baby is moving regular). So they reckon contractions and baby movement is causing bleeding, the bleeding is slowing down which is a good sign. So we are just waiting to see what will happen today if we progress into full blown labour.

stinksworth Sun 25-Feb-18 10:08:17

Just wanted to offer support and say I have everything crossed for you and your little one. thanks

paddypants13 Sun 25-Feb-18 10:14:56

Keeping everything crossed for you and your little one Mummy.

My friend's sister had this happen to her and her boy is now a strapping, healthy nine year old. xxxx thanks

snapple21 Sun 25-Feb-18 10:19:35

Hope the contractions have settled OP. Have you been to look round the NICU?

ClareB83 Sun 25-Feb-18 10:20:20

Oh gosh @Mummyloves09 so scary but at least they kept you in!

Namethecat Sun 25-Feb-18 10:27:36

I'm glad you have your partner and mum for support. You are absolutely in the right place and obviously your emotions are up and down. Sending you my very best wishes. Keep drinking 🌸🌷🌹🌷🌸🌹

Somersetter Sun 25-Feb-18 11:10:45

Good luck and positive thoughts flowers

fannyfelcher Sun 25-Feb-18 11:22:30

Like everybody else I just wanted to offer support. My niece was born at 24weeks back in 1990 and she was teeny tiny. It took a lot of medical intervention but she is is a fully blown adult now, has done a BA and MA, runs an IT department and is the most sensible women I ever met. She does have mild cerebral palsy and some asthma/breathing issues at times but nothing has stopped her. I believe that she was the third smallest baby to have survived at that point in time and she weighed less than a bag of sugar.

Good luck with it all <3

cornishmumtobe Sun 25-Feb-18 12:47:08

Just wanted to wish you all the luck OP. You are in the right place thanks

mrsreynolds Sun 25-Feb-18 12:52:55

My nephew was born at 26 +5
He's 14 now and taller than me
No health issues
Good luck x

Ilovewillow Sun 25-Feb-18 12:56:11

Just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world. I'm thinking of you! thanks

DontbeaDickaboutit Sun 25-Feb-18 14:16:21

Thinking of you OP, stay strong!

lizkt Sun 25-Feb-18 14:24:00

Same happened to me at 31 weeks. We held on for 3 more weeks until DD arrived.

They will want the baby to stay inside until 36 weeks if poss and will monitor for infection. Every day your baby remains in counts.

It's a horribly scary and unpleasant time and not at all what you hope for in your pregnancy.

DD is nearly 12 and just fine! There were plenty of earlier babies from 24-28 weeks on the NICU ward. They will take you up there and show you around.

lightoflaluna Sun 25-Feb-18 14:27:59

Good luck OP. A baby at our local baby group was born at 24 weeks and is doing really well. She came out of hospital a few weeks after her original due date

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »