Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Octopi crocheted.

(7 Posts)
Paperdolly Thu 06-Jul-17 18:18:05

Is anyone aware of these for prem babies?

milleniumhandandprawn Thu 06-Jul-17 18:44:00

Hi, yes I've seen them. The legs are spirals and are meant to be very similar to the umbilical cord for them to hold on to.
Uoi need to make sure you use the right wool though - I think cotton yarn is best - acrylic ans wool can cause allergies I think

AugustRose Thu 06-Jul-17 19:08:25

I've just started making one to practice (acrylic for my older child) and will then buy some cotton yarn to make some properly - they are great.

Carlz84 Thu 06-Jul-17 21:19:51

My son has one and loves it, although he thinks it's food this week so we've had to move it away from him in the incubator 😂. They're a brilliant idea! X

PossumInAPearTree Thu 06-Jul-17 21:38:30

Our hospital wont accept them due to concern about tentacles getting wrapped round fingers.

user1493413286 Mon 10-Jul-17 12:09:31

Yes my daughter used to tug at her feeding tube and pull it out so they gave her one and it seemed to distract her well. She's home now and still likes to play with it although obviously not in her cot any more

poppadoppadom Mon 10-Jul-17 12:22:40

If any of you are interested in making these I suggest joining the FB group 'Octo for a preemie'. They give the pattern and guidelines on making. Your completed octos are sent off to a co ordinator for checking and then sent on to the hospital. They are not the easiest things to make!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now