Talk

Advanced search

Pampers advert

(12 Posts)
SecretFreebirther Mon 01-May-17 20:17:29

Just seen the Pampers advert for nappies for preemies. Made me cry and I've never had a premature baby! And I hate Pampers! Love to anyone who has had a tiny one flowers

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 01-May-17 20:20:46

Ds was 4-12.
He was like a real life Tiny Tears!!
Dh was scared to dress him incase he snapped any limbs!!
Can't imagine parents coping with a Teeny Tiny Tears baby!!

AWhistlingWoman Mon 01-May-17 20:52:39

Made me cry too. My twins were born weighing 1lb 10 and 1lb 7. Sadly DD1 passed away in the NICU and didn't come home. Felt strange seeing all the equipment and monitors on the advert as this was many years ago now! Took me straight back to the months in hospital and felt endless at the time.
Thinking of al those babies and parents who are in the NICU or SCBU tonight flowers

shamoffour Mon 01-May-17 20:57:54

Made me cry too. Even dp commented it was a great advert and he usually has a heart of stone!

Donttakemeout Mon 01-May-17 21:46:24

Dd2 was 2lb 10. She is a lovely petite 20 year old now.

SecretFreebirther Mon 01-May-17 22:11:38

whistling sadflowers

ImYourMama Mon 01-May-17 22:13:45

DD1 was born at 28+6 weighing 3lb (which was considered huge for her gestation) and the smallest nappy came up to her armpits. This advert made me howl but I'm so pleased that awareness is being increased all the time. Love to anyone who's little one didn't make it out of NICU flowers

Lynnm63 Thu 04-May-17 03:39:11

I had prem twins 29+6, 13 years ago dd weighed under a 1b, ds 3lb. The advert brought it all flooding back and I cried. I'm lucky I brought them both home even though dd was given 5% chance of survival.

Scrumptiouscrumpets Tue 16-May-17 13:14:26

I liked it too, the song especially made me well up: "tell the world I'm coming home." Such a fitting phrase and so poignant, because when you finally get your preemie home, you really do want to tell absolutely everyone!

sweetchilli77 Wed 17-May-17 15:46:29

Makes me cry every time....
My baby was born at 27 week, she wore a very similar pampers nappy.
Like others mention, you never forget those days and days of being on the unit.
I was lucky, i shared the unit with others that weren't. There will always be a special place in my heart for the Neonatal wards, and i think pampers did a good job x

katiegg Wed 17-May-17 15:52:06

I can't watch it, i have to leave the room. ds2 was in a neonatal unit after birth. he was born at term and weighed a hefty 8lbs 11oz but it's seeing babies covered in wires and tubes and in incubators that gets me. i still can't look at photos of ds2.

flowers for anyone who has watched their baby struggle.

sweetchilli77 Wed 17-May-17 19:12:30

My previous post sounded insensitive, what i meant was i was a lucky one, but i shared the unit with others that wasn't sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now