Talk

Advanced search

2nd Pregnancy

(3 Posts)
user1492458803 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:03:42

My first child was born at 33 weeks, as far as I'm aware it was unexplained. I'm now 8+6 with no.2. I've been referred to the consultant for being underweight anyway and midwife doesn't seem that worried about me having a 2nd prem baby BUT...

She tried to reassure me by telling me she wasn't aware of a test that could predict if you could go into premature labour. But there is, isn't there? The fFN test!

I just feel a bit deflated, she's lovely and I will wait and hear what consultant has to say but surely if I can find this information out after 5mins on google a midwife should already know it!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sun 23-Apr-17 19:09:57

Congratulations and hope your pregnancy goes well.
My midwives weren't very clued up on premature birth either. Glad you've got a consultant appointment lined up. Are you at the same hospital? The consultant should have your previous notes if so.

IndianaMoleWoman Sun 23-Apr-17 19:27:06

My first was born at 34 weeks. Second time around the consultant told me there was extra monitoring if first was born before 32 weeks. Second was induced at 37 weeks (considered term) due to my health problems.

Congratulations on your pregnancy flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now