Talk

Advanced search

Forum related to Prem births

(7 Posts)
SparkleJ Mon 04-Jul-16 19:12:11

Hi everybody I'm looking for other posts/forums on here that are related to Prem births. For example My daughter was born at 28 weeks & has PVL, cerebral palsy & epilepsy but I can't seem to find anything??

frustrated

Please can somebody help? Thank you

scrumptiouscrumpets Wed 06-Jul-16 10:36:30

You could have a look on the bliss forum!

AWhistlingWoman Wed 06-Jul-16 11:44:21

You might want to try joining a Facebook group called Micro Preemie Support Network which is specifically for babies born from 21 through 28 weeks gestation. It is quite a large group and there are lots of parents who might be able to advise?

minipie Wed 06-Jul-16 15:52:04

The SN section has a support thread for parents whose children have CP. Most of them were prems I think. Hang on a tick and I will link to the thread.

I think one or two of those children also have epilepsy, but the thread is mostly about the CP issues. I would guess there are other threads on the SN forum about epilepsy though.

minipie Wed 06-Jul-16 15:54:02

CP support thread

Summerdaydreams1 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:42:10

My dd was born at 26 weeks (now 4yrs) - and has cp as a result of pvl caused by her prematurity.

The SN boards on here are really helpful and friendly. There is a cp thread which I M on often.
There is a pvl and a cerebral palsy uk closed group on fb too. I only recently got a fb account so that I could join.

SparkleJ Sat 09-Jul-16 16:39:25

Thank you so much! I didn't get any notifications to say I'd got replies!

I will certainly check out the link & the fb group thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now