Talk

Advanced search

Moving prem baby to own room

(5 Posts)
catlike1979 Tue 28-Jun-16 05:31:14

DS1 was born at 34 weeks. He's now almost 6 months, but 4.5 months corrected. We're having some sleep issues and considering moving him to own room, but wondering about the SIDS advice of keeping them in with you until 6 months...would this be 6 months corrected?

What have other people done?

Feelingblue222 Tue 28-Jun-16 06:54:58

We moved DS (30 weeker) at 6m actual, but with a movement monitor for my peace of mind!

seefeld Thu 30-Jun-16 07:10:28

We moved DS (30 +4) to his own room at 11 months actual. The advice we were given by the neonatal unit was to wait a year - he was in hospital for 2 months with apnea of prematurity - but we didn't quite make it that far.

At 4.5 months corrected your DS is probably still in the midst of the 4 month sleep regression. It will get better!

minipie Thu 30-Jun-16 15:54:12

I moved DD (born at 34+0) at 13 weeks. She was a very noisy sleeper and I couldn't sleep in the room with her (and at this stage she was waking very frequently anyway). I weighed up the risks and reckoned an exhausted parent was pretty risky in itself.

scrumptiouscrumpets Wed 06-Jul-16 12:06:58

The SIDS advice refers to corrected age.

We moved DS at a year old when he started sleeping through, before that I couldn't be bothered to go to a different room every time he woke up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now