Talk

Advanced search

will it get easier?

(3 Posts)
summerdreams Tue 16-Dec-14 19:55:41

I had my son at 33+5 in august he was discharged from hospital after 3 weeks still on a feeding tube got off the tube after another two weeks he was a happy baby up till about 6 weeks old where he started suffering with severe silent reflux and breath holding causing apnea and blue episodes also been diagnosed with an imune disorder which attacks his nutrafil cells 2 long re admissions to hospital and now he's at home and waiting appointments at great ormand street for heart problems and the immune problems I know most of this is caused by his prematurity. I know compared 2 most people these problems are minor in comparison to some people. but my poor baby is not four months old and is hardly ever happy anymore I just want to know when things start getting normal with a premature baby?

MultipleMama Wed 17-Dec-14 00:21:10

Your problems aren't minor your baby is still having problems due to his prematurity and having a hard time. His problems are different but never minor especially when it's your child xx

In regards to getting better, my DD had few problems and at 14 months old is a crazy active "normal" 1 year old. Her twin is still having a hard time (he has heart, lung and feeding problems).

It doesn't necessarily get better but it gets easier to fall into patterns overtime and you just get on with things. Having a child with problems is never easy but managable and completely worth it smile Sorry I don't have any better advice or words of comfort. Hope someone comes along with something more helpful than me! flowers

Annbag Wed 17-Dec-14 10:49:54

Please don't think your problems are minor, it's your child and it sounds like you've been through a lot. Some people will say you were 'nearly there' at 33 weeks so it doesn't matter (I get this a lot) but it really does, so please don't think your problems related to prematurity aren't important. My DS is only 3 months old uncorrected, and we have a different experience to you, so I'm not sure when it gets easier but didn't want to read and run. If it helps, my cousin was in great ormond street with a very rare condition and they really are one of the best hospitals there is. All the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now