Talk

Advanced search

Hope someone can help...

(8 Posts)
Mummabear12 Wed 26-Feb-14 12:18:48

Messaged somewhere else but no one replied...
Got admitted yesterday at 31+3 as tightenings were every 5mins, had the fFn test which was positive and contractions got worse so have now had both sets of injections to mature baby's lungs. They've said if things stay the way they are now (tightening retry much stopped) I can go home tonight but what does this mean do I just carry on as normal (2yr old at home, work one day a week) or will I be on Bed rest ? Is labour more likely to start early now this has happened? X

Mummabear12 Wed 26-Feb-14 12:20:06

Pretty much stopped**

FraggleRock77 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:14:57

Sorry to hear about your situation. I don't have any knowledge about your medical issues but I'm sure someone will post soon. I would call your GP/HV/Labour Ward/Consultant for advice. Good luck xxx

BaileysOnRocks Wed 26-Feb-14 17:23:34

I was admitted at 29 weeks with tightenings. I was in for 3 days and then went home. Had them all the way up to delivery at 39+4.

Labour was less than an hour from my waters breaking and my DD was almost born in the car.

My advice was to carry on as normal. (Also have a 2 year old) I would go to hospital and soon as your labour begins though as it may be quick.

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy smile

Mummabear12 Wed 26-Feb-14 18:51:35

Thank you for replying... Have been discharged now and trying to rest at home but every time I do something or walk the tightenings come back. Guna have a bath and some paracetamol I think. X

FraggleRock77 Wed 26-Feb-14 18:59:17

Rest. Maybe take some advice again. Don't risk it xx

MiaowTheCat Wed 26-Feb-14 19:42:54

I went in at late 33 weeks with DD2 having tightening like you describe. Because DD1 had arrived at 33 weeks with a very fast labour and a FFN test came up positive (but the test can give false positives - our hospital put more store by a negative test than a positive) - they played things very cautiously with me, put me on the drip to stop them, and basically bought time till they could get both sets of steroids in. They would have liked to keep me in as they still continued to stop and start - especially with the previous combination of a very fast and premature labour before - they reckoned I was a fair candidate for the newspaper style baby at the side of road birth if things did kick off.

In the end they agreed to me going home (DD1 was under a year old at this point) but to keep popping in to be re-checked if the tightenings got to a point I couldn't deal with them - I was in and out a LOT as they gor progressively more and more uncomfortable (cost a bloody fortune in parking fees) but DD2 hung on till early 36 weeks and flew out in a sub-10 minute labour.

plentyofsoap Wed 26-Feb-14 22:27:35

Hi just replied on your other thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now