Advanced search

igur baby with chromosomes

(8 Posts)
newmummy2014 Fri 21-Feb-14 12:49:42

hi I really need some reassurance I am 33 weeks pregnant with severe igur baby and chromosome's I am so worried I am going to lose my baby by miscarriage or still birth

RegainingUnconsciousness Fri 21-Feb-14 12:54:53

Not that I can help, but what do you mean by chromosomes? Chromosomes are the way DNA is arranged inside cells. Do you mean a chromosomal problem has been found? Tell us what's been written down on your notes and someone will be able to help you.

newmummy2014 Fri 21-Feb-14 13:11:06

hi regainingunconsciousness my baby was discovered with severe igur at 29 weeks and since then I have been up to the hostpital twice a week since , to have blood test , steroids , Doppler study and growth scans I am now 33 + 4 days and due to be induced on Monday 24th feb . the doctor was not sure what was causing the problem as most of my test came back clear ,, but said I have chromosomes and they could do a Amniocentesis test which I refused I am not bothered bout having the perfect baby would but I am bothered about still birth and miscarriage

RegainingUnconsciousness Fri 21-Feb-14 22:29:56

Ok, so baby's growth is less than what it should be and the doctors want to test the chromosomes (DNA) to see if there is a genetic problem. But you aren't happy with the risk that amniocentesis carries?

Hopefully this will bump your thread so someone with experience can advise. I think you need to ask for a meeting with your midwife to really discuss things.

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Fri 21-Feb-14 22:34:54

Hi, newmummy

I don't have any experience or knowledge of this, but as they are planning to induce you at 34 weeks I'm sure they will be monitoring your baby very carefully throughout to make sure of the best outcome

Good luck smile

MultipleMama Sun 23-Feb-14 00:29:48

My twins were born at 31 weeks exactlym Twin B was born was born with severe IGUR weighing 1lb 9oz - I also refused an amniocentesis test but mainly that was because I had Oligohydramnios since 9w and I need to keep as much as fluid as possible and didn't want to risk anything. Twin B also had SUA. In the end they put it down to my iron levels which kept drastically decreasing which resulted in my having an infusion. He also was born with PDA.

34 isn't the best but it gives your baby a better chance than having him now does. Do you know what's going to happen when they're born? Have they discussed it with you? Some babies born at 34wo with IUGR don't need much help but it's great that they're monitoring you.

It could be something simple or it could not be but the main thing is they are doing something about it. Good luck and I hope everything goes well.

FraggleRock77 Sun 23-Feb-14 07:46:57

Hello. NewM, sorry to hear about your situation. Our DS was queried for chromosomal issues at 20 Wks. He had an ecogenic bowel which is a soft marker for Downs. We decided against the Amnio and paid privately for a Harmony blood test. It was £750 though but so worth it. All our tests can back negative which was really reassuring. Some trusts are currently using the test instead of Amnio's. Good luck xx

newmummy2014 Sun 23-Feb-14 10:24:02

thank you every one for your advice and concern , the specialist have not said what will happen after the birth , just reassured me baby would survive they are at a lost there self with whats caused the chromosomes and antibodie in my body as all the test have come back normal . but baby went down in size so they said it was better to have the baby out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now