Talk

Advanced search

how much did your prem baby sleep?

(7 Posts)
bishboschone Sun 31-Jul-11 09:09:24

ds is just coming up to his due date(born at 34 weeks) . Just wondered how much sleep other prem babies had.

hwhite6 Sun 31-Jul-11 10:38:18

Ds2 was 4wks prem, he pretty much just slept & fed until his due time, then he started to be awake for short periods like any newborn. He's just 6m now and no different from his full term little friends.

bishboschone Sun 31-Jul-11 11:22:57

thanks ..I was starting to worry a bit that he sleeps so much. He is awake for a few hours a day and sleeps well all night. Obviously some crying in between which I guess is awake time.

WinterLover Mon 01-Aug-11 12:27:27

DS is a week old, was born at 36 weeks. He has high level Jaundice however he feeds, sleeps for 4ish hours then sleeps again. He's not really awake and active at the min.

The ladies on NICU told me that its normal for them to sleep more.

hildathebuilder Mon 01-Aug-11 13:03:19

mine slept a lot until about 38-39 weeks then fell into a typical newborn pattern. Enjoy it while it lasts

captainbarnacle Mon 01-Aug-11 13:12:07

Mine was born at 32w and home at 35w. He is now 38w and still mainly sleeps, feeds, sleeps. He slept for 6 hours flat last week! But that was the calm before a 6weeks growth spurt at weekend where he barely slept at all.

He's only really awake and looking around for half hour or so during breakfast (lets me and 2DCs have breakfast in peace).

bishboschone Mon 01-Aug-11 19:16:39

Thank you , that sounds familiar smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now