Talk

Advanced search

Side effects of Mifepristone

(9 Posts)
Lucinda15 Fri 11-Dec-20 14:41:35

I've started the first stage of termination of pregnancy earlier today and took Mifepristone about 4 hours ago while at hospital. I'm now feeling quite nauseous and just had a bad upset tummy. I feel a bit lousy to be honest. At hospital I was told I could carry on as normal today and have a leaflet to say I might feel nauseous/vomit between 16-48 hours after. So I wasn't expecting to feel any side effects so soon and the leaflet didn't mention diarrhea. Is this normal? I'm wondering if it's the Mifepristone or if I've actually got a tummy bug!

OP’s posts: |
ChardonnaysPetDragon Fri 11-Dec-20 14:46:38

It’s the Mifepristone.

BigBeanBag Fri 11-Dec-20 18:05:52

I’m at exactly the same stage and was also expecting to carry on as normal today but I feel like absolute shit. Really really nauseous and thought I was going to be sick a couple of times.

Lucinda15 Sat 12-Dec-20 14:30:34

@BigBeanBag thanks for Ur reply, how are you feeling today?

I felt a little better yesterday eve, but today I feel really nauseous and also thought I was going to be sick a few times. I went out with DH and 2 DCs and could barely keep it together, came out in cold sweats and thought I was going to be sick on the street. I've had to come home and retreat to bed. Feeling so lousy and not looking forward to stage 2 tomorrow. X

BigBeanBag Sat 12-Dec-20 16:25:57

@Lucinda15 I was good for nothing this morning, tried to hang the washing up but felt pretty dizzy. I took the second part at lunchtime as just wanted to crack on. feeling a lot less sick now, I have painful cramps but it’s bearable. Good luck to you

Lucinda15 Sat 12-Dec-20 17:33:34

@BigBeanBag glad sickness gone and cramps bearable so far. I'm feeling pretty green still... I'm not taking the 2nd part till the morning but I've started bleeding a little already which is a relief really. I was just feeling like the sickness was going on and on and I was in limbo. It's good to have a development of some sort! Hope u are doing ok and the worst is over soon xx

BigBeanBag Tue 22-Dec-20 16:10:02

@Lucinda15 I hope you’re doing ok?
I was wondering (if you don’t mind me asking) how your bleeding is? Mine had pretty much completely stoped over the weekend and then started up again last night and today, just wondering g if this is normal??
Please tell me to mind my own if you’d rather not say

Lucinda15 Tue 22-Dec-20 17:57:57

Hi @BigBeanBag! Hope ur ok. My bleeding had been pretty heavy until 2-3 days ago when it started to ease up. I do find that if I'm particularly active, or spend a lot of time on my feet it gets heavier tho. Could that explain what's happened with you? do u have someone to call for advice? I went via my local hospital and they gave me a number to call if there were any questions. Altho I have read quite a bit on Marie Stopes and BPAS websites which I've found quite helpful. Check them out if uve done so already x

BigBeanBag Wed 23-Dec-20 06:11:04

Thanks @Lucinda15, glad you’re doing ok. That’s really useful to know about your bleeding. I think I’ll see how I go today and then ring Marie stopes if it’s continuing at this rate

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in