Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy after abortion

(4 Posts)
Eamhair Wed 18-Nov-20 14:08:29

I had an abortion two months ago due to horrendous sickness and depression. I hugely regret the decision now and would give anything to turn back the clock. Me and my partner have decided to TTC again and I am getting counselling to help with this. I'm worried at 33 I've left things to late and the abortion will have affected my chances of getting pregnant. Any advice would be grateful.

OP’s posts: |
BaaHumbugg Wed 18-Nov-20 22:02:44

I have had a termination and went onto have two pregnancies afterwards, there's no reason it should affect your fertility at all.

TableFlowerss Thu 19-Nov-20 23:57:10

My friend had a termination and went on to have 4 children. Got pregnant very fast with them all

Mummyto3GBG Sun 22-Nov-20 14:05:35

There is no reason a termination will affect your fertility, sometimes you can fall pregnant straight away and other times it can take a few months. I have friends who didn’t conceive for 18months with their first then straight away with their next. The termination won’t affect this, good luck and sorry you regret your decision, pregnancy hormones can mess with your head, I also don’t know that I made the right decision and am struggling coming to terms with it x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in