Talk

Advanced search

Medical abortion yesterday but no pain.

(15 Posts)
mycatstares Sat 30-Mar-19 09:11:14

Yesterday I had a medical abortion and decided to take all of the tablets on the same day. Nothing happened for 5 hours until I started to bleed heavily which is still happening, however I've had no cramps or pain at any point.

I don't know if this is normal or if something has gone wrong.

mycatstares Sat 30-Mar-19 13:55:20

The bleeding seems to have stopped now too...

mycatstares Sat 30-Mar-19 14:26:24

bellalou1234 Sat 30-Mar-19 14:35:57

How far on were you?

BillywigSting Sat 30-Mar-19 14:37:09

What do you mean by you took all the pills at once?

JuniperBeer Sat 30-Mar-19 14:39:08

Did you follow the instructions you were given on when to take the tablets?

Ring the clinic where you went.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 30-Mar-19 14:41:00

Did you take the tablets as instructed? I think you need to ring the clinic if you didn't or you are concerned.

mycatstares Sat 30-Mar-19 15:07:10

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant I took mifepristone and misoprostol at the same appointment, tablets were taken as instructed.
I've spoken to the clinic today and they said to phone back tomorrow if nothing else happens.

I was 8 weeks and 3 days, a bit further along than I thought I would be, but still early enough to have the medical option.

GreenTangerine Tue 02-Apr-19 23:42:17

How did you get on OP? I think the fact you’ve had heavy bleeding is a good sign even if not accompanied by pain (everyone reacts differently after all). I had a failed medical first time round and there was bleeding akin to the second or third day of a period ie not nearly what I expected. When I went for the second medical, which was successful, it took several days and I hardly had any pain.

namechangeob Thu 04-Apr-19 20:30:04

How are you feeling now OP. Do you know if it was successful?

mycatstares Sat 04-May-19 19:06:56

Just an update.

I'm still getting positive pregnancy test results, I have no idea what's going on until I have a scan either. sad

Superscaredx Sun 05-May-19 14:59:22

A termination is hard enough without thinking there’s something wrong, I hope you’re okay op! If you’re still getting positive pregnancy test results you may have some retained tissue, or it could have not been successful but I’m sure you’d notice if you were still pregnant, unless you’re still getting symptoms? And a growing belly. It may be worth paying for a private scan if your scan is still a long time off, it’s horrible not knowing what’s going on. Please keep me updated you’ll be fine whatever the outcome x

slipperywhensparticus Sun 05-May-19 15:01:47

Retained tissue can be serious keep an eye on yourself and take care of yourself

Mof3K Sun 05-May-19 21:31:58

Hi op.
Im in the same situation. I have a thread on here also. I took the tablets at the same time last Monday. Bled for a couple of hours then nothing. I knew it hadn't worked. I still felt pregnant. I called Marie Stopes and they told me if id bled it must have worked.
I paid for a private scan last Friday morning. IT HAS NOT WORKED.
I was devastated.
Called Marie Stopes and they have said they will " try " and find me am appointment next week otherwise it's another fortnight before they can see me.
I feel constantly sick constantly cramping and am just experience constant brown discharge.
I feel devastated it hasn't worked.
It was hard enough to do and now time is ticking by and im still pregnant.
Im heartbroken and finding it difficult mentally

mycatstares Sun 12-May-19 08:56:57

Hi all,

So sorry your in the same situation Mof3K. I'm waiting to hear from a local hospital for my scan appointment to find out what's going on. I've not found Marie Stopes very helpful since I had the termination, so I decided to get referred to the hospital through my GP instead.

I have no idea if I'm still pregnant or if it's retained tissue, I'm tempted to pay for a private scan to find out what's going on as the waiting is killing me. This should have all been over with by now..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »