Talk

Advanced search

Breech Babies

(17 Posts)
cantbeatfreshsheets Fri 18-Jan-19 12:37:19

Hi, 35 weeks pregnant and found out my baby is breech. Trying Moxibustion a Chinese Remedy said to help turn the baby on advice from the hospital as well as yoga . Anyone in a similar position or have experience and what was the outcome. Just preparing myself for what lies ahead.
Had a natural birth with my first child which resulted in quite bad 3A tears and wondering if I should just go down the planned section route now I have this new info. I was originally going to go natural but I'm feeling apprehensive.

Thanks all smile

knittedjest Fri 18-Jan-19 12:44:31

I've had three breech babies vaginally, one footling and two frank, including one as a set of twins and one at home. No issues BUT it depends on the type of breech. Also I generally have very small babies. If you're baby is bigger and as you have suffered from bad tearing in the past a c-section may be a better fit for you. But it is very possible to have them vaginally.

Happy to answer any other questions you have.

YorkshireLawyer Fri 18-Jan-19 12:54:45

I had moxibustion at 35w with DD who was breech. She did turn, then turned back to breech at 39w but was head down again at 39+1 when I went for an ECV. Who knows whether the moxibustion did anything, but I was of the mindset that I’d rather try everything I could to get her to turn before making a decision over vaginal birth or C-section. I also did some of the exercises from the Spinning Babies website which may be worth a look for you. Good luck whatever you decide!

cantbeatfreshsheets Sat 19-Jan-19 21:21:51

Thank you both having a scan next week so will hopefully have more info to make a decision

ChesterBelloc Mon 21-Jan-19 11:27:47

If you're in London I know a very experienced osteopath, who is great at 'helping the baby get into an optimal position' for birth. I saw him when one of mine was breech, in the third trimester, and a few days later she was head down again. Worth a try!

cantbeatfreshsheets Mon 21-Jan-19 12:12:32

Hey yes I'm in north London that would be great if you could pass on details smile

ChesterBelloc Mon 21-Jan-19 12:59:02

You can find him at danielstuttard.com. He has a clinic just off Sloane Square.

cantbeatfreshsheets Mon 21-Jan-19 16:24:13

Thank you smile

AlwaysColdHands Mon 21-Jan-19 16:31:23

My DD was breech, I tried yoga etc & had an ECV (which I wouldn’t do again, it made me very anxious). No joy. Was advised they don’t let first time mums deliver if they’re breech - she was very wedged in!

Had great c-section, not miffed about missing out on ‘natural’ birth at all. Opting for another c-section regardless next time.

Maybe find out more about c-sections to help yourself feel a bit more informed? Loads of c-section threads on the Childbirth & Pregnancy boards that you might find helpful.
Best wishes however it turns out smile

AlwaysColdHands Mon 21-Jan-19 16:32:13

Ps I think this thread should sit in Pregnancy, not Pregnancy choices, OP you should request for it to be moved

cantbeatfreshsheets Mon 21-Jan-19 17:39:56

@alwaysgotcoldhands

How do I request it to be moved. I didn't realise is put it under pregnancy choices 😯 thanks

cantbeatfreshsheets Mon 21-Jan-19 17:44:43

@AlwaysColdHands

Yes encouraging to know that the c section was not horrendous. I think both have their pros cons. I wouldn't be devastated if I had to go down that route. I'm a bit daunted by the external manoeuvre if truth be told. Particularly as I feel like I've strained my bump due to a very nasty cough. Thanks for info smile

Tillytoes1 Tue 29-Jan-19 20:37:04

I had two straight forward natural births and my third was breech, she was also in an unstable lie, they allowed me to go 8 days over my due date but as she was small and no sign of going into labour, not enough pressure on my cervix, it was suggested that a c section was the safest option for me and my baby, tried an ECV, which was horrendously painful and didn’t work. The c section went really well and for me that was the best decision for both of us.

cantbeatfreshsheets Tue 29-Jan-19 22:05:04

Good to know.
Had my 37 week presentation scan today and my baby is still breech and on small side so I've decided to go for an Elective c section. I could face the manoeuvre personally. Maybe I shouldn't of googled it first!

Marlena1 Tue 05-Feb-19 17:24:11

My first was breech and I had an elective C section. Obviously there is a bit of recovery but the section was actually a lovely, calm experience. Wishing you a lovely birth!

fretnot Thu 07-Feb-19 21:47:31

My first was breech, and I tried for a vaginal birth as I’d had abdominal surgery in the past and wanted to avoid it. Unfortunately it went very wrong with a cord prolapse (one of the risks cited by the hospital) and I needed a crash c-section. Having fallen foul of the risks I would not attempt it again, but the hospital were happy to support me with the attempt at a breech vaginal birth.

Incidentally the recovery from my c-section was a walk in the park compared to the later VBAC! All the very best with whichever you decide.

fretnot Thu 07-Feb-19 21:50:12

Oops, should have read the thread more carefully!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »