Talk

Advanced search

Surgical awake

(21 Posts)
3babyxx Thu 10-Jan-19 22:14:13

Hi I was just wondering has anyone had a surgical abortion awake and what was your experience..

joaniexxx Fri 11-Jan-19 06:38:52

Hello, I had a surgical at 10+4 at BPAS. They were professional and made a really tough time feel that bit easier. The whole surgical procedure took 10 minutes and I went under anaesthetic so I was unaware of anything. Also the after pain was surprisingly minimal for me and just felt like a longer period. I hope you're ok and if you have any more questions I don't mind answering them. Thinking of you thanks

charlyn Fri 11-Jan-19 12:16:02

I’m booked in for a surgical with just local anaesthetic next week and scared sad. I would have liked to have had a general but the clinic doesn’t do them. I was given the option of conscious sedation but I’m worried it will be like when I had gas and air which made me feel really sick.
I can let you know how it goes.

3babyxx Fri 11-Jan-19 13:57:52

Thank you for your replies xx

Mine is on Tuesday .. my sister has had one she said it's painful but only for a few minutes I just wanted other people's opinions

I Hope yours goes ok xx

reesesnlove Fri 11-Jan-19 14:00:37

I hope it all goes well for you and you don't experience much pain @3babyxx

reesesnlove Fri 11-Jan-19 14:01:26

And I hope all goes smoothly for you too @charlyn. Try not to worry too much, it will all be ok and so will you be thanks

3babyxx Fri 11-Jan-19 14:02:57

Iv had 3 natural labours no painful relief so Im hoping it ain't to painful for me sad

Thank you xxx

reesesnlove Fri 11-Jan-19 14:08:05

From my personal experience it's no where near as painful as labour and I've also given birth 3 times xx

3babyxx Fri 11-Jan-19 14:10:49

That's made me feel better , I didt even know I was in labour the last two times

Thank you for your kind words x

reesesnlove Fri 11-Jan-19 14:35:39

Wow, you must have a really good pain tolerance. I really do think you will be fine and you'll probably surprise yourself. No problem, I'll be thinking of you as I know what it's like to go through something like this xx

charlyn Sat 12-Jan-19 10:18:18

Thanks @reecesnlove

Good luck for Tuesday @3babyxx
Mine is booked for Thursday. Is yours with BPAS?

3babyxx Sat 12-Jan-19 10:36:11

Yeah with BPAS I will let you know how it goes ., good luck for Thursday x

reesesnlove Tue 15-Jan-19 11:39:03

I hope all goes well today @3babyxx, I'm thinking of you and we're here if you want to talk after. Sending hugs x

3babyxx Tue 15-Jan-19 13:43:48

Hello , thank you! Iv had it done now
I didt feel no pain whilst getting done
My periods are 100 x worse
But slight cramps now

Good luck for Thursday xx

WhenLifeGivesYouLemonsx Tue 15-Jan-19 13:54:02

I did and I don't know how many weeks I was TBH. I didn't really want to know! I don't regret my decision but I wouldn't ever go through it again. It still hurts me when I think about it but I've got a beautiful DS now.

It wasn't a painful procedure, just very uncomfortable.

reesesnlove Tue 15-Jan-19 16:03:32

I'm glad everything went ok for you today @3babyxx. Hopefully you don't experience much pain afterwards, take care of yourself and rest well. Wishing you a speedy recovery thanks

reesesnlove Thu 17-Jan-19 21:18:40

@charlyn how are you? I hope everything went smoothly for you today thanks

3babyxx Thu 17-Jan-19 22:22:18

Yeah @charlyn how did yours go hope your ok xx

charlyn Fri 18-Jan-19 10:56:58

I’m ok thanks. I was really nervous yesterday which was made worse by the fact my appointment was at 12:30 and I didn’t get it done until 6pm so lots of waiting around! It was quite painful but over in about 5 minutes. I’ve only had some mild cramping and light bleeding so ok so far.

My pregnancy symptoms haven’t gone yet though, still have that sick feeling and my boobs still hurt. I wonder how long it takes to go?

3babyxx Fri 18-Jan-19 11:49:15

Glad it's over for you and minimal bleeding and pain .. my boobs still hurt
But my sickness has gone completely ..

My bleeding has got worse now but cramps ain't as bad x

reesesnlove Fri 18-Jan-19 15:32:06

Sorry you had to wait so long @charlyn. I hope you recover as quickly as possible thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »