Talk

Advanced search

Nightmares after early termination

(8 Posts)
superhansg Tue 18-Dec-18 17:41:48

Hello, I don't know what's happened really I made the right choice for me and my family and to be clear consciously I feel no regret and it's around 4 weeks post termination. I was estimated at around 5 weeks 4 days when I had the actual termination and the procedure itself (medical) wasn't too painful or anything yet I'm having really graphic nightmares specifically surrounding that I don't want to go into too much detail as not to upset anyone but in the dream I look down at my underwear and see a fetus that looks like a small baby but the image of the fetus is what's horrific to me as the skin is see through. I don't understand what's wrong and I'm very sorry if this is TMI

LilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 18-Dec-18 18:13:27

Hi OP

We're just moving your thread to pregnancy choices. flowers

AwkwardPaws27 Tue 18-Dec-18 18:15:52

OP I've asked HQ to move this to the "Pregnancy Choices" area, as AIBU tends to attract nasty comments from pro-lifers on these sorts of topics.

Your care provider will probably offer a counselling service, and it might be worth investigating that. I hope you feel better soon.

Huggybear16 Tue 18-Dec-18 18:19:44

Even though you have no regret and are certain it was the right decision, a termination is still a difficult thing to go through.

I don't have much advice but please know that there is help for you if you want it (GP, counselling, for example).

ChristmasTwatteryDoesMyHeadIn Tue 18-Dec-18 18:21:43

Oh OP that must be awful for you flowers

Could your GP arrange counselling? I know it was your choice, but that doesn’t mean you have to suffer on your own, you matter and you deserve to have the help you need to resolve how you’re feeling.

superhansg Tue 18-Dec-18 18:24:38

Hello,thanks for moving the thread and for the nice comments,I may just have to see my Gp about it I'm a bit worried about it Iv had PTSD for a long time not surrounding this issue but Iv just been discharged from mental health services (therapy) so going back seems like big jump right back to start but I guess it's needed. Thank you for taking time to respond I truly appreciate it I think I sometimes underestimate how much our minds can suppress when we put things off

ChristmasTwatteryDoesMyHeadIn Tue 18-Dec-18 18:25:26

I hope that you can find some peace OP, you’ve been through a lot, and you deserve to find peace flowers

Sinuhe Tue 18-Dec-18 18:37:30

No real help, but I hope you can find someone in RL to share your experience - maybe some counselling as already suggested. I hope you find peace again to continue with your life.
flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »