Talk

Advanced search

Having surgical abortion alone, is it allowed?

(7 Posts)
Gooseylucyy Wed 12-Dec-18 15:31:24

I'm having a surgical abortion tomorrow at 10 and a half weeks pregnant and was planning on going alone however I've been reading about other people's experiences and have seen a lot of people saying they don't allow you to leave alone. Is this the case? Dp can't get the time off of work and there's no one else I can tell so I'm panicking

BackAwayFatty Wed 12-Dec-18 15:37:51

Hi, I was booked in for a surgical after a miscarriage & the rule was someone had to pick you up & stay with you for 24hrs due to general anaesthetic. If no one is available, they will keep you overnight.

FilledSoda Wed 12-Dec-18 15:46:33

Can your DP really not get the time off?
That just seems so very sad. Would be not even cite ' family emergency ' or some such ?
You could really use his support and I assume he had some input in the situation.
Sorry I'm not much help , I'm just a bit shocked that you have a dp but have no support.

Gooseylucyy Wed 12-Dec-18 15:49:57

@filledsoda I do wish he could come I'm dreading going alone but his work wouldn't let him have the time off and basically stated that he'd be out of the running for a promotion he's worked really hard for if he took it off. I was planning on getting a taxi home but I'm worried now, I would just call and ask but stupidly left my phone in the car

FilledSoda Wed 12-Dec-18 16:07:57

Would it be possible to have the surgery in the last time spot ?
Your DP might be able to get you at 5pm say and then he would be leaving early rather than taking the whole day.

BackAwayFatty Wed 12-Dec-18 16:30:53

I do think you have to be picked up, as in someone comes in to the ward and collects you. Could your DP come after work? Better late than never smile

Marleyschains Wed 12-Dec-18 16:33:56

You aren't supposed to drive after it is all. I did though and was fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »