Talk

Advanced search

Just took abortion tablets

(6 Posts)
Cccc123 Mon 12-Nov-18 15:41:37

This morning I took mifeprostin (sp) at the hospital and then at around 11.30 took 4 misoprostol in between my gums and cheeks. I ate at the same time and have had ibuprofen and co-codamol. I've been resting, and had a sleep but apart from some quite uncomfortable cramps no bleeding or diarrhoea as I expected. It's now 3.35pm. Feel a bit alone and very nauseous just want it to be over. Does this sound normal? I'd prepared myself for bleeding on the bus home after things I'd read. I hope it's not going to fail I just want to feel normal again.

Cccc123 Mon 12-Nov-18 18:31:18

Still nothing happening! I thought it would be over by now. I've taken two more of the miso, they gave me two more doses because there was no heartbeat at 7 weeks so they could treat it as a miscarriage. (Apparently with a TOP they cant let you take the miso home but with a miscarriage they can). However the nurse said I probably wouldnt need them. But just nothing is happening except mild cramps occasionally and nausea. Has Anyone else been in this situation?

ItWentInMyEye Mon 12-Nov-18 18:37:20

Sorry, no experience but you're not alone thanks

lovetherisingsun Mon 12-Nov-18 18:39:44

It took me four days sad They had to induce me in the end, but I was almost 22 weeks so maybe that's why it took so much longer. They put me on a drip thing to speed things along in the end. Do you have any nurses there etc who you can ask what's going on/what to expect next??

Cccc123 Mon 12-Nov-18 18:49:54

Thanks for your replies. I have the nurses number but it's only for emergencies at night. I'll call in the morning if still nothing. I need to be at work early tomorrow which is why I opted for the tablets this morning to get it all over with. Everything I've read people have said it all happened intensely and quickly and diarrhoea. Sorry you had to go through it at 22 weeks lovetherisingsun that must have been hard. Im only 7 weeks gestation and although was going for a termination anyway they found no heartbeat, so it was an unviable pregnancy after all. It's meant to be a quick process at this gestation

Cccc123 Mon 12-Nov-18 20:24:54

Just getting very light bleeding now. Feel extremely sick. I've taken all the miso tablets now, so 4 this morning plus 2 lots of 2. I wish they'd given me more anti sickness tablets. Also got a headache. Im not going to be able to work tomorrow after all. I wish I'd gone for the GA and vacuum which I've had before and woke up feeling normal . Im not in pain at all just so so sick feeling and a headache.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »