Talk

Advanced search

Help, I need advice...

(1 Post)
Firesidetreats1 Tue 18-Sep-18 09:50:25

I’m 27 years old and I’ve been with my partner for 11 years, we’ve been engaged 18 months with no plans set in stone for a wedding. Over the past 6 months I’ve become increasingly broody, we have 2 nieces and whenever I see them I just get a feeling of broodiness inside. I fell pregnant back in 2015 and had a termination as at the time we weren’t ready as a couple and we weren’t finically stable. It devastated me at the time and I did feel like for a few months after did we do the right thing - looking back now we did. Anyway until recently we still haven’t been in the position to try, my concern is my job at the moment, do I hold off trying for a baby and find a new job and then try once I’ve been there 6 months or do we ttc now. I’m just not sure if I’d want to go back to my current job after having a baby. I know this might seem trivia to some people but I suffer from anxiety and I always have to think of possible situations. Does anyone have any experiences like this, has anyone not gone back to work and found a new job fairly quickly? Have people found the job first then waited for a baby? The other thing is we’re engaged and have been thinking about eloping to get married next summer. I know the logical thing would be to wait ttc but I’m thinking about babies everyday and this has never happened before. I haven’t got anyone around my to speak to about this as none of my friends have children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »