Talk

Advanced search

Cerazette

(14 Posts)
brownbeauty Thu 13-Sep-18 09:46:25

Anyone taking these birth control pills..?
I noticed I have blood but only when I wipe..
I have been taking them for 18 days now and I noticed the blood on my period due date..
Is this normal..?
Much love
thanks

BusterGonad Thu 13-Sep-18 09:47:30

If you don't take it at precisely the same time every day you are prone to bleeds and very sore breasts. I'd say it was normal but I'm no doctor.

MiddleClassProblem Thu 13-Sep-18 09:49:07

I get spotting on occasion but equally nothing for months but I’ve been on it for years.

I never take it at the exact same time! Or had sore breasts...

BusterGonad Thu 13-Sep-18 10:08:15

Middle what I mean is that it's a very sensitive tablet, if you take it half a day late or a day late you tend to get spotting or a period (normally if it's a day or two late), it certainly gives me tender breasts too if I take it late. I'm sure everyone is different though.

MiddleClassProblem Thu 13-Sep-18 10:26:27

But a day late is a missed pill. It’s not the same as a few hours flux. You have a 12 hour buffer.

BusterGonad Thu 13-Sep-18 10:28:10

Yep, your right Middle.

brownbeauty Thu 13-Sep-18 11:18:17

Aarrgghh now it's turned into a period type of bleed..
I've been taking my pill at around 22:30/23:00 every night with my b12 vitamin tablet..
My first time on birth control pills so no idea what to expect..
thanks

BusterGonad Thu 13-Sep-18 11:38:48

Have you read the leaflet? I know many people do experience bleeding on it! I have in the past, I had a period every 2-3 months but then it settled down again. A quick Google and I got this info.

brownbeauty Thu 13-Sep-18 12:22:31

Many thanks.. I did see this on google but I always like to ask to get 'real' answers..
I hope it stops soon..
thanks

MiddleClassProblem Thu 13-Sep-18 12:52:14

I have had a period on it before but it coincided with a very stressful event so that’s what the doctors think triggered it for me and actually most of the spotting syncs up to patches of anxiety.

MiddleClassProblem Thu 13-Sep-18 12:52:51

Not saying that’s what it is for you but just found it an interesting Chang in hormones having that effect

MiddleClassProblem Thu 13-Sep-18 12:53:00

*change

BusterGonad Thu 13-Sep-18 14:06:09

Op, just google it, it's a really common side effect. There's many chat forums and plenty of women get this, I always carry the small daily panty liners in my handbag as every 3 or 4 months I'll have a tiny unexpected bleed. Sometimes for a day sometimes for 3 days. If you're really worried ask at a pharmacy or visit your GP. Good luck!

Firesidetreats1 Tue 18-Sep-18 10:05:07

I was on this pill for about 4 months and had bleeding every week! Spotting to sometimes a little heavier - enough to put a small panty liner on. It also made me feel crap - tired, exhausted and moody. I decided to stop taking it and went back to normal within a month

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »