Talk

Advanced search

Need fellow Irish women's advice! Help

(8 Posts)
nihelp Mon 20-Aug-18 14:57:23

Hi, had some suspicions I was pregnant and decided to test and it came back positive.
For personal reasons, I cannot go through with it and have decided on abortion.

Although I live in NI and the whole process is so confusing, especially as the Marie stopes centre has closed down. I will ring them tomorrow for advice but I just wanted to ask here first.

Has any other Irish women gone through this process of travelling over to the UK ? How did it work ?

nihelp Mon 20-Aug-18 16:06:12

Anyone ?

nihelp Mon 20-Aug-18 20:33:18

Bump

teaorwine Mon 20-Aug-18 20:38:10

Hi ní help, sorry can't advise but suggest you ask for this to be moved to craicnet for more traffic. Hope you get the information you need.

starsandstuff Mon 20-Aug-18 20:44:26

Have you contacted the FPA? The link to their site is https://www.fpa.org.uk/northern-ireland and there's a number you can ring. I haven't used them myself but I've been in touch with them for clients before and they're really lovely and will talk you through the process. Best of luck to you thanks

nihelp Mon 20-Aug-18 20:51:50

Thank you, I have looked at the MS and BPAS website, both seem to say the same info. I will give them a ring tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone had actually been through it is all. Seems pretty daunting!

IhopeyoulikeNavantoo Wed 22-Aug-18 17:37:59

Look up ARC on Facebook. They are an organisation which helps Irish women in this situation.

MumUnderTheMoon Mon 24-Sep-18 19:55:59

It will mean a trip to England and we do have to pay if you get in touch with alliance for choice they will be able to give you the names of charities which can offer help. Anything from part funding your costs, some can find you a place to stay while your there. Some may talk about getting you tablets to take at home sent to you in the post. This is still illegal here and I believe a girl was prosecuted for doing this last year so be aware of that. I haven't had an abortion myself but was offered one while I was living in England. I know what you have to go through now is daunting and I am sorry that something that already is difficult is being made more so because of our legal system, but if you are certain of this decision then consider that this is far less daunting than being a parent when you just aren't ready. I hope all goes well for you no matter what.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »