Talk

Advanced search

Medical termination and spotting after or implantation - help!

(6 Posts)
LindseyandAva Thu 09-Aug-18 14:06:25

First of, I will apologise if I've posted in the wrong section, this is my first time posting on mumsnet and I'm not sure if i've navigated correctly. I am also aware talking about terminations will be a sensitive subject if posted in the wrong area, so again, please my apologies.

Anyway, I had a complete medical termination on Sat 21st July this year, I bled quite heavy including tissue and clots (i'm guessing the uterus lining) for over a week, it was more like 8-9 days before it had completely stopped. My partner and I engaged in intercourse, majority protected except for one occassion when he didn't withdraw soon enough (yes, men for you especially after that procedure). I am hoping that nothing has happened, however yesterday and the previous day, starting with the first of those two days, i wiped and there was tiny light pink colouring on the tissue, later on in the day some light brown and also a light brown sludge/ discharge (very small amount) in my pants. Yesterday no more, until around 9pm and again, just very light pink upon wiping and no more since. Could this be the leftover of the termination even though I completely stopped bleeding approx. 11 days ago? It seemed quite random. I've googled what I could but refers me to similar but different posts here on mumsnet, so I've registered and thought I'd ask direct in the hope that someone was in a similar situation? People say theres ovulation bleeding but I have no idea if I class the full bleeding following the procedure as my period so cannot identify if this is the case, and also i've never ever had ovulation bleeding, although our bodies change all the time. So what i'm asking is there anyone thats had anything similar or when you've had a medical termination, have you bled for a full week heavy then randomly a week or so later spotted?

Sorry about the length of the post. Didn't want to miss anything out. x

crl200 Wed 15-Aug-18 15:21:27

I know that the withdrawal approach isn’t very reliable? Are you sure it’s not Implantation bleeding and this isn’t the start of a pregnancy- it’s what your description sounds like x

JackReacherReader Wed 15-Aug-18 15:29:38

THat sounds like implantation bleeding to me

eurochick Wed 15-Aug-18 15:44:25

I'd also be concerned that this is another pregnancy implanting.

MaverickSnoopy Wed 15-Aug-18 16:28:05

Sounds like it could be another pregnancy implanting but honestly no one is going to know. You just have to wait. It could be that your body is settling back down. I had a termination years ago and it took a while to get back to normal.

I also conceived our second child after a very drunken night where DH was (ahmen) in for about 10 seconds before we remembered to use a condom. I didn't think to take MAP because I really didn't think I'd get pregnant. Except I did (wouldn't change it for the world now). I would really reconsider using the pull out method if you really don't want to get pregnant, as well as taking the MAP if you have any accidents. I mean that with absolutely no judgement, just insight from my own experiences.

faeriequeen Sun 02-Sep-18 19:35:48

How are you doing op? Just to reiterate withdrawal is not contraception and you are very likely to get pregnant again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »