Talk

Advanced search

Confused, please help

(6 Posts)
Panicstat10n Fri 06-Jul-18 09:20:18

Apologies for putting this here if it's not appropriate - didn't know where else to go.

Please don't flame me - I'm a complete mess. 2 beautiful dds, 8 and 3. Ummed and ahhed about a third for years, had a few drinks one night, literally the ONLY time we weren't carefully it happened. This was in February, eventually made the agonising decision to terminate at 8w as we hadn't really considered financial side (stupid I know). I regretted it immediately, and have been in emotional turmoil for the past 4 months. Exacerbated by complications meaning the procedure had to be repeated. All I could think about was 'undoing' the decision. Dh got a new job last month, changes everything for us. Lo and behold, BFP 2 weeks ago.

I should be delighted, yes? Yet all I can think about is how this will ruin all our lives and upset the balance of our family just when we were starting to get our lives back.

I am fully aware that this is entirely self inflicted, but I'd just like some advice. I have an appointment for a medical termination this morning - it's so early that it really is just a blob, I'm not even 6 weeks, no heartbeat yet, but I'm just so confused. DH is understandably baffled by all this and says if I go ahead with the pills, there will be no more tries ever. Problem is, it has to be today or else I'll still be bleeding when we go on holiday, and I don't want that. I'll be 10 weeks when we get back which will be a very different business.

Feel like a complete failure.

BrutusMcDogface Fri 06-Jul-18 10:00:17

Did you plan this pregnancy? Are you sure you're not just having last minute nerves? It is a huge thing.

Most importantly: how will you feel in years to come, thinking you wanted a third and didn't have the baby?

I've had a termination in the past as it wasn't the right time for us. Luckily now it is, and I'm expecting a much loved and anticipated baby. I would say that if you have any doubts whatsoever, do not terminate.

all the best flowers

BrutusMcDogface Fri 06-Jul-18 10:01:11

PS there is a pregnancy choices board which might be more appropriate; you can report your own post and ask mumsnet to move it.

JoanneMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Jul-18 11:54:47

We're moving this thread over to our Pregnancy Choices topic at the OP's request.

Sending good wishes, OP flowers

Panicstat10n Fri 06-Jul-18 12:24:11

Thank you both. Yes, Brutus, it was planned, which makes me feel even worse to actually articulate. I cancelled the appointment, I obviously need more time. Having counselling on Tuesday, which really I should have arranged months ago.

BrutusMcDogface Fri 06-Jul-18 13:37:55

I think that was the right decision. I hope the counselling helps you to decide either way. It's so tough. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »