Talk

Advanced search

Salpingectomy during c section?

(3 Posts)
BeckyB31 Thu 04-Jan-18 20:24:17

Hi everyone, i would really appreciate some feedback on this. I'm 6 months pregnant with my 2nd and final baby. I always wanted 2 and after careful consideration and discussion with partner, we don't want anymore.

So. I initially did some googling and thought I might get my tubes tied which apparently is easier during a c-section. Its highly likely I'll have to have a c-section again due to low lying placenta.

I came across the fact that tubal removal (salpingectomy) is apparently a good choice because a) it's permanent and has less complications than tubal ligation (tubes tied) And b) reduced the risk of ovarian cancer.

Sounds great. However, my concern is that this is a USA thing and when I ask about it at birth options they'll be like, "no we don't offer that - you'll need to schedule it separately and after rigorous appointments and months gone past."

Is this something that the UK offers? Has anyone had this procedure? I was pretty happy about the idea of a natural c-section and when I spoke to the doctors they had no idea what I was talking about and basically said it doesn't exist in the UK.

ANY help or info would be super appreciated.

Jodiee93 Sat 23-Feb-19 22:35:58

They do do it in the UK.
I’ve just had this done in December. They gave me the option on the day of my c section which one I would prefer. It’s takes a little while to recover from c section and Salpingectomy. But 8 weeks later I’m back to my fully self.
Hope this helps

Jodiee93 Sat 23-Feb-19 22:42:05

I’ve had 2 sections before this one. This was my 3rd and final one. And the recovery was the worst but everyone is different. My insides hurts more than the stitch itself. But I was up and walking the same day. I may be fully recovered in myself and back to normal. But when it comes to having my period the pain from having the Salpingectomy cones back due to having heavy flow. But the doctors say this is normal and it should calm down over time. But like I said everyone’s different. But it’s defo worth it in the long run if you are certain you don’t want anymore children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »