Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Pregnancy after termination

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Anibani4ka Sun 12-Nov-17 21:06:52

Hi everyone,
I am new to mumsnet and would like to see if anyone else has had the same experience.
I feel for every single woman out there who had lost a babysad
Basically I had to terminate my so wanted pregnancy in July, due to an abnormality called Acrania(same as Ancephaly) where the brain doesn't develop normally ,so baby didn't have a chance of surviving.
I was devastated ,we found out on our 12 weeks scan,12 weeks with no symptom or a sign of anything being wrong.
I was taking 400mcg of folic acid,vit d ,c and iron as well.
After the termination which happened in Royal London hospital ,consultant prescribed 5mg folic acid which I have been taking since July .We are now pregnant again ,yay,just found out yesterday and I am over the moon.
I am scared of this happening again ,I'd love to find out if someone else has had this awful diagnosis and if they have managed to have healthy children?
Thanks to everyone for reading my story.

TheHeartOfTeFiti Mon 13-Nov-17 23:54:45

So sorry for your loss no advice but you might want to get this moved to a more relevant board.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 14-Nov-17 09:35:44

Hi there OP,

We're so sorry for your loss.

We're going to move this over to a more useful topic for you, we do hope that's okay - we'd like you to get the support and advice you're looking for.

flowers

Anibani4ka Tue 14-Nov-17 11:16:04

Of course,thank you,I didn't find any new relevant threadsconfused

PorklessPie Wed 22-Nov-17 19:26:16

Hi smile I'm sorry for your loss, it is truly devastating. I lost a pregnancy in June 2009 in very similar circumstances. We went for our 12 week scan to be told it was anencephaly but it needed to be confirmed at a fetal medicine unit. So we waited 2 weeks for the scan just to be told that it was 100% anencephaly, there was no skull and the amniotic fluid would rot the brain basically. So we had to wait another week for the local (tiny county in west wales) hospital to fit us in for a topfmr. By which time I was almost 16 weeks. It was horrendous and when it was over all I wanted was to be pregnant. I started on 5mg folic acid straight away and a year to the day I lost the baby I gave birth to my daughter. 2.5 years later I had my son and I'm just about to start 5mg of folic acid again tomorrow ready to hopefully fall pregnant next year. If you ever need to chat @Anibani4ka I completely understand how you feel. I was a nervous wreck at my 12wk scan with my daughter I sobbed so bad that they checked the head straight away.

Anibani4ka Wed 22-Nov-17 20:35:23

Hi PorklessPie,thank you so so much for your story. So sorry to hear for your loss,I have been through the same thing so I feel your pain.You really made me hopeful that I will have a healthy baby this time.I am so happy to hear you have two beautiful children.It is actually a bit strange that I might also have this baby roughly same time I lost my first one,my due date is July 22nd ,but who knows,baby might come early (I had the tfmr on July 6 th this year)
I am so sorry you had to wait till week 16,did you have the pill?When they told me my baby had ancephaly I wanted to go to the surgery abortion not the pill ,but the doctor said they have to get a team ready so that would take two weeks.
I honestly couldn't live a day more being pregnant and knowing I'd have to have the abortion in two weeks.
I wanted it over with straight away.
I really want an early one ,but I do understand it would be difficulty to diagnose that early.I will ask them to check the head first as well and I do know it will be a very emotion time for us.
I wish you best of luck getting pregnant again ,do share if you do get pregnantwink

PorklessPie Thu 23-Nov-17 05:29:22

I had the medical termination too. So a tablet on the Monday and back on the Wednesday for the pessaries. I lost so much blood I had to stay on over night, it was a time that will always stay with me.
I'm positive you will be fine, you have been taking the highest dose of folic acid, how many weeks are you? I had my 12wk scan at 10wks with my daughter because I was told the skull would be visible.
Stay in touch, I will definitely let you know how it all goes fingers crossed for a bfp April/may time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now