Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Pregnant and unsure

(3 Posts)
Stacy07 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:12:13

Hi all, I've been looking around trying to find an answer I know I'll never find. I've just found out I'm pregnant. I was on the pill so it's been a bit of a shock but I was convinced I already knew. I have a 6 year old son from a previous relationship and have only been with my new partner for about a year now. I feel over whelmed at the thought and I don't think I could not have the baby although I can't help thinking this isn't ideal time. My partner works away at the moment so we haven't had a great amount of time to settle into the relationship. Due to previous experience with my ex and sons dad it's made me very wary to get into this situation again. My partner is happy and has always made it known he wants children. As much as it's a shock he's just happy and says we will make it work etc and he's going to be there 100% and assuring me even if things didn't work out he would still be there for our child as it's a huge worry for me. I'm so worried it's just too early in the relationship. I'm 32 so I'm also thinking if I was to have a child it would be relatively soon but I just wanted a solid foundation before I brought another child into this world. I never wanted two children by two different dads but that's the reality and not a bad thing it's just I want to have some certainty it's not going to all go wrong again and I am left on my own juggling two children seeing different dads. My partner is maybe feeling down as I'm being so negative about it, it's not that deep down I'm not happy I guess it's just me being so wary and not wanting to bring a child into an environment unless I know it's right for him/her. I suffer from anxiety so yes I over think and worry about other ppls opinions, what will both our families and friends say as we have hardly been together, what will they think of me and what will work say! Stupid I know but I can't help over think every issue!

Topaz89 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:33:44

Hi op. I think you can make it work smile. You've been together for a year and you are in a happy relationship.
Don't worry what other people's opinions are. If you decide you want to keep the baby then it's got nothing to do with them.

Stacy07 Wed 08-Nov-17 21:02:54

Thank you very much for your reply! I'm just worrying things go wrong again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now