Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Can someone answer my questions about medical abortion please?

(4 Posts)
Throwawayusername2434 Sun 23-Apr-17 20:38:00

Hi, I'm going for the first part of medical abortion tomorrow (taking the pill)

Quite nervous just had a couple of questions from anyone who has had the same experience

1. I've seen a few posts where it seems people have been sent away and told to come back because nothing is showing on the scan yet? I'm just wondering how common this is particularly if you're very early which I am, 5 weeks I think. Is it likely

2. How much pain can I expect once it starts? I've heard it's not too bad but my normal period pains are crippling. Beyond agonising. Will they give me some painkillers?

3. Is it normal/acceptable for my partner to come with me?

Any answers would be really appreciated. Thank you so much.

Introvertedbuthappy Sun 23-Apr-17 20:42:56

1. Didn't happen with me. Was scanned before offered the first pill. I was quite early too.

2. I found the pain fine, like a bad period (probably not comparable to yours though!) I was given cocodamol to take away with me which I didn't need).

3. I assume so, but didn't really care. DH came with me and no one batted an eye.

flowers - it wasn't as bad as I feared, I don't regret it and if you have any more questions I'm available via PM.

Goldfishjane Sun 23-Apr-17 21:18:00

Hi
I can't answer directly but I have been the companion for two friends, both of whom were fine, I stayed the night with one and the other eventually had her partner come over. (Long story). Painkillers given but not needed. I hear you on the horrible periods but they'll give you something I'm sure.

It will be okay. Oh also one was very early stage but we didn't hear anything like that about it being too early.

Mummysh0rtlegs Sun 23-Apr-17 21:19:58

There is a chance they will send you away, they need to confirm the location of the pregnancy. At 5-6 weeks they should be able to see something but maybe an internal scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now